Katherine Dell's Reviews > The Promise of Amazing

The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine

Mar 13, 2015

I’ll tell you about this book I just read. The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine. Now, I know I’m not the only one to have reviewed this book. So when I say that The Promise of Amazing delivered just that. I hope I’m not being too cliché.

This story is your classic coming of age love story between two teens trying to find themselves. And answers the question a lot of us still ask. ‘Who am I?’

Robin Constantine took two average characters; Wren and Grayson and let us dive head first into their private lives. She lets us see that there is much more to people than the labels they possess. Especially those bearing the tag of ‘That quiet good girl’.

By far, my favorite part of the whole book was a scene between Luke and Wren. The two were sitting together on the school bus heading to St. Lucy Retirement home to volunteer with a group of students from their schools.
Luke: “Has he ever mentioned Brinker Hadley or Mike Pearson?”
The name sounded vaguely familiar.
Wren: “Brinker Hadley? A Separate Peace, right?”
His eyes changed, softened the tiniest bit.
Luke: “You’ve read that?”
There was an edge of disbelief in his voice.

I won’t spoil the entire book for you, but this is a major turning point. Wren doesn’t know the impact she is having on the other character (Luke). Which make this scene even better. It’s like a secret only the reader knows… That even a cold and calculating heart can have a soft spot.

This book speaks to the diehard romantic in me. I give it four out of five stars. 

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Promise of Amazing.

Finished Reading