Shirley Ford's Reviews > Invasion of Privacy

Invasion of Privacy by Ian  Sutherland

Mar 13, 2015

The novella – Social Engineer - introducing us to Brody Taylor was excellent, and this full-length novel has done its prequel justice. What an exciting story, I couldn’t put it down! It highlights computer hacking at its best and worst. Murders are being committed and the police are searching for connections. Meanwhile Brody has risen to the challenge to hack into a webcam web site. It is an ego trip for him; he is the best and has to prove it. He suddenly finds himself in the middle of the murder investigation and offers his assistance to DI Jenny Price. He is drawn both to her and to helping her solve the crimes and realises that it isn’t all about his ego. It is a complicated story with lots of technical detail, but explained in such a way that even I could follow the plot. Ian Sutherland obviously has a great deal of knowledge of the cyber world and uses it very successfully. The characters are great and I look forward to more Brody Taylor novels in the future. If I have learnt one thing from this story, it is to never install a webcam in my home!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invasion of Privacy.

Started Reading