Kat Kennedy's Reviews > First Drop of Crimson

First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost

Sep 20, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: death-by-paranormal-romance, kat-s-book-reviews, romance-romance-romance
Read from June 22 to 23, 2012

For some reason I expected Spade's book to be hotter.

It was okay, I didn't mind it. What I usually love about these books is how over the top they are. The villains are super-villainy, the good guys are filthy rich, the sex is MINDBLOWING in a YOUNEVERKNEWWHATORGASMSWEREBEFORETHIS kind of way.

But I guess I just didn't feel the love for this one. Oh well, onto the next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Drop of Crimson.

08/12/2016 marked as: read

Keri (Va-Voom!) I started this last night, and am already half way through. I love reading an indulgent, quick read for pure entertainment. ;) Enjoy Spade!

Marissa Liked this one alot!!! Can't wait for Vlad's spinoff to comeout on Tuesday!

Amanda The Book Slayer It was fun reading about Spade and Cat's friend. She got dealt a crappy hand in life and I was glad to see she got her HEA.

Barbara (VampAngel) I think this is Jeaniene's worst book. I felt no connection with Spade and little with Denise. The Mencheres one isn't fantastic, but it's definitely an improvement over this one (although not by much). I think she handles series better, although books 5 and 6 of the NH series didn't rock my boat either.

Kat Kennedy I agree. But it's weird how much more I liked Once Burned.

Barbara (VampAngel) Once Burned was more plot oriented and she toned down the lust/insta-love thing. Although, I complained in my review that I wanted more romance, I'm sure the book is a lot better than Spade's and Mencheres' because of this. Things are also left a bit unresolved, so it doesn't seem too formulaic as the previous ones. I missed Vlad's humor though. He was so funny in the NH books, but not so much on Once Burned. Leila was funny and offered most of the quips. I really liked her. She was kick ass.

Kat Kennedy I really liked her too. And I liked that it didn't end up all HEA because I think the payoff will be better.

But, yeah, I agree with you.

Barbara (VampAngel) I agree, although I confess I was bummed. (view spoiler) I'm just frustrated because we have to wait to read more. I really like Vlad. After the disappointment that has been Eric Northman in the latest Sucky, I mean Sookie books, Vlad is my favorite vampire.