Lindsay's Reviews > Tutored

Tutored by Allison Whittenberg

Sep 20, 2010

it was ok

Tutored was an arc I received and was a very cute short read about some very realistic racial issues that people deal with constantly in reality. What I would have loved to have seen more of in this book that would have given it 4 or 5 stars is substance and life. My advice for this author is tell more about these characters, flesh them out, let them speak and live. And more importantly, give Hakiam and Wendy more of a connection and some actual chemistry.

This book had a lot of potential and despite certain scenes, I found myself very interested in the character's lives. Each emotion that the characters felt were completely relatable but I would have loved to see more. I wanted to see those girls that Wendy hated show why they were so evil in person, show why Hakiam's cousin was so neglectful of her child, show Wendy's father at his worst and why he can't stand his own race. There was so much to be revealed that was hidden from the reader that I would have loved to see more of. Because readers like me love the mysteries to be solved.

So in reality, this wasn't the greatest book of all time but it certainly wasn't the worst. Allison Whittenberg is a good writer that has a lot of potential yet to be discovered. With more time and practice, I believe her writing will improve and until then, I would love to continue to read her books. The book itself is a very cute love story that I feel younger audiences will enjoy to read more than others.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 Stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tutored.