Lindsay's Reviews > Dust City

Dust City by Robert Paul Weston

Sep 20, 2010

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Well I most certainly am. After I passed the first one-hundred pages, my heart would just not stop pounding. Even now I'm still reeling from the amazing story line, which was so wonderfully crafted and perfectly put together. Usually, I'm able to guess what's going on somewhere in the middle, but this book really kept me from figuring out the all-around disturbing plan.

Henry Whelp is on a mission to find the truth: what happened to the faeries, what's going on with the dust, and was my father framed for murder? With the help of his much beloved sidekick Fiona, these two go on an insane mission to reveal a whole conspiracy that threatens their way of life.

I honestly did not expect to love this book so much, or be so caught up in the adventure. I also LOVED the characters. Henry really grew on me and he felt so realistic, as did Fiona. I mean, a lot of YA characters usually end up annoying the s*** out of me but I loved these two. And they are such a cute pairing too! They have just the perfect amount of chemistry and its all adorable.

The plot is just shocking. For some, it may take awhile to get into, but once you get past the confusion, you're absolutely dragged into the fear, the shock, the horror, and the thrill of the book.

Robert Paul Weston has certainly created something unique and special and I am proud to say that this is definitely one of my favorite. It may not be for all, but it is definitely memorable and must go on your to-read list.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dust City.