Sharon's Reviews > Hunted by the Others

Hunted by the Others by Jess Haines

Sep 19, 2010

bookshelves: favorites, paranormal-fantasy
Read in July, 2010

Shiarra is desperate for money so she takes a job to find a statue for the 'The Circle' who are a group of mages,to get to the statue she has to get close to a powerful vamp called Royce, very quickley she is embroiled in a three way dilemma between the leeches (vampire), sparks (mages) & White Hats (vigilente humans), throw in two different werewolf packs & you have yourself a fast paced well written start to a great urban fantasy. I enjoyed the writers style, this a great page turner, descriptive, humourous with likable characters which includes a talking belt, creepy familiar, geeky mage & strong female friends & a worrying family. Shiarra develops as she goes on & I am really looking forward to the next book in the series, even though you can read this as a standalone. I would put this author with the likes of Jeaniene Frost, Keri Arthur ,Kim Harrison & Linda Robertson. Loved it.. The next book in this wonderful new series is Taken by the Others, looking forward to it..
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunted by the Others.