Rachel Maniacup's Reviews > On the Fence

On the Fence by Kasie West

bookshelves: friendship, fun-read, love-love, ya-contemporary, sweet-and-cute, fast-pace
Recommended to Rachel by: Neil (or bleed)

As I've said,I'm going to read more of Kasie West's novels and this is just the perfect day to read my 2nd book of Kasie,as I am reminded of my friend's birthday today. According to my sister,this friend of ours is a fan of this author(thanks to you,Aj!) So,NEIL my awesome buddy,HAPPY,HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!^^

My Review:
Now,I understand why this buddy of mine love Kasie West..it's because this author has a thing in creating her characters.And in this novel,it is the awesome characters that made me love this book.

Let me start with the MC..CHARLIE(Charlotte),a 16 year old tough,rough,smart,witty and beautiful young lady,grew up with her dad and three brothers plus,the boy neighbor who they considered family.Living with these boys all her life explains very well why she's a tomboy..she doesn't wear make up,never wear skirts,and doesn't care how and what she look..Until one day,when for the first time,she had to work in a boutique to pay off a speeding ticket and(bam!)was introduced to a world of fashion and make up.

Charlie,since childhood only hangs out with boys(her brothers,their friends,and Braden-the 4th brother). She plays with them,watch baseball games with them,and do whatever the boys want..just to have fun.And I just loved this part because it made me remember my childhood memories as well,with my four amazing and lovely sisters and my only handsome brother(my twin brother).

I loved all the relationships here: from Charlies relationship with her brothers,friends,her dad..Oh yes,her dad! I adored her dad so much! Her dad's so sweet,and over protective!(just like my dad). He even got himself a book on "How to Raise a Teenage Girl"!how responsible,right? And of course,her relationship with Braden(which are for you,my co-readers to find out!)

This book is a heartwarming,fun read! Noticed that my review is all about the characters? That's how awesome the author is in making and molding all her characters!^^

Again,to my best buddy here on GoodReads,HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wish you all the happiness this day,and all through out the years!^^

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Fence.

March 10, 2015 – Shelved
February 11, 2016 – Shelved as: ya-contemporary
February 11, 2016 – Shelved as: sweet-and-cute
February 11, 2016 – Shelved as: fast-pace
February 12, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)

Trixi #WATERFLAME Awesome and amazing review, dear Rachel! Adding this! And Kasie West's characters really got style.... haha

Aj the Ravenous Reader What a lovely review, Ate Rachel. The characters in this novel are adorable indeed. I think this is still my favorite of Kasie West books. Also, when are you ever going to write a review without my name in it? LMAO.

Rachel Maniacup Trixi*Wanderer of the Mysterious World* wrote: "Awesome and amazing review, dear Rachel! Adding this! And Kasie West's characters really got style.... haha"

Thank you so much,Trixie! You're so sweet! Yeah,West is amazing with her characters! Hope you'll like this too,dear!^^

Rachel Maniacup Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "What a lovely review, Ate Rachel. The characters in this novel are adorable indeed. I think this is still my favorite of Kasie West books. Also, when are you ever going to write a review without my..."

Thank you so much,my lovely sis! Still have to read her other novels to see which one would I love most. Oh..and my answer to your question? NEEEVVVVEEEEERRRR!hahaha!

message 5: by Heart (new)

Heart Rob Lovely review,Sweetheart

message 6: by Arch (new)

Arch Bala from the author of the fill-in boyfriend! I have yet to pick that up but I will. lovely review sis Rache ^_^

Rachel Maniacup Arch wrote: "from the author of the fill-in boyfriend! I have yet to pick that up but I will. lovely review sis Rache ^_^"

Yes Arch my dear friend,same author of the Fill-in Boyfriend! Oh,you really should pick that up now! Especially this one!^^ Thanks a lot btw!^^

message 8: by Aditi (new)

Aditi Excellent review :-)

Alafiya Nicely put together, Rachel. This book is a heartwarming,fun read! totally agree with you! Loved this one myself. ;)

message 10: by Donita (new) - added it

Donita Luz I love Kasie West's Pivot point book , the only book I've read from her,and I would definitely love to try out some of her books, and this one sounds good! Great review Rachel :)

Neil (or bleed) Thank you, Rachel!! Naiiyak ako teka. Haha jk. Great review! I really love Kasie West. :)

Tanya (Girl Plus Books) Lovely review, Rachel! I've heard such good things about Kasie West so I definitely need to try one. This sounds like a good one to start with. xx

Rachel Maniacup Aditi wrote: "Excellent review :-)"

Thank you so much,Aditi!^^

Rachel Maniacup Alafiya wrote: "Nicely put together, Rachel. This book is a heartwarming,fun read! totally agree with you! Loved this one myself. ;)"

Aw,thank you so much,my sweet friend! Really?! You loved this one too? Got to check your review on this later!^^

Rachel Maniacup Donita wrote: "I love Kasie West's Pivot point book , the only book I've read from her,and I would definitely love to try out some of her books, and this one sounds good! Great review Rachel :)"

Thank you so much,Donita! Yes,do try her other books,they're really amazing! I have yet to read The Distance Between Us,Pivot Point,Split Second,and more of her books!^^

Rachel Maniacup Neil (or bleed) wrote: "Thank you, Rachel!! Naiiyak ako teka. Haha jk. Great review! I really love Kasie West. :)"

Aw..wag kang manghawa,uy!haha! You're so welcome,buddy! Yeah,me already loving Kasie West too!^^

message 17: by Henz (new) - rated it 2 stars

Henz Wow .. glad you liked this one Rache.. Wonderful and sweet review .. Shout out to Neil!!! Happy Birthday!!!! (^^)

Jilly Great review, ading Rachel! I'm glad you loved it! :)

message 19: by Masooma (new)

Masooma Wonderful review, Rachel. I'm happy you enjoyed this book ❤

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

message 21: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli I didn't enjoy her The Distance Between Us but I will surely give this one a try. Amazing review, ate Rachel! ;)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Wonderful review, Ate Rachel! :D I really enjoyed this book as well :) Belated happy birthday, Neil!

Rachel Maniacup Henz wrote: "Wow .. glad you liked this one Rache.. Wonderful and sweet review .. Shout out to Neil!!! Happy Birthday!!!! (^^)"

Thank you so much,Henzy! Yes,I'm loving Kasie West's novels!^^

Rachel Maniacup Jilly wrote: "Great review, ading Rachel! I'm glad you loved it! :)"

Thanks a lot,ate Jilly! And I love you,haha!^^

Rachel Maniacup Masooma wrote: "Wonderful review, Rachel. I'm happy you enjoyed this book ❤"

Thanks a bunch,love!♥^^

Rachel Maniacup Sarah wrote: "Completely wonderful review, Ate Rachel. I'm so glad you loved this as much as I did. And again, Happy Birthday, Neil. ;)"

Aw.,thank you so much,my dearest Sarah!^^

Rachel Maniacup Pearl wrote: "I didn't enjoy her The Distance Between Us but I will surely give this one a try. Amazing review, ate Rachel! ;)"

Oh,that's intriguing..some of my friends loved The Distance Between Us..Well,that's for me to find out,right?Thanks a lot,btw Pearly!^^

Rachel Maniacup Beatrice wrote: "Wonderful review, Ate Rachel! :D I really enjoyed this book as well :) Belated happy birthday, Neil!"

Thank you so much,Bea! Yeah,I know you did too,girl and I'm glad!^^

Neil (or bleed) Thank you, Sarah and Henz! :)