Benjamin Thomas's Reviews > More Twisted: Collected Stories Vol. II

4209082
Sep 19, 2010

bookshelves: thriller, anthologies-short-stories
Read in March, 2009 — I own a copy

It took a few of these stories for them to start to grow on me. I guess I am more used to the type of stories with twists in them that Jeffrey Archer writes. But there were still a lot of good ones in here. The last two stories in the collection were particularly good. "Ninety-eight Point Six" was a more typical twisted story. I knew right from the beginning who the twist would revolve around (the one that seemed the most innocent). However, the how of it was a nice surprise. The final entry in the collection, "A Nice Place to Visit" was a bit of a departure from the other stories. It was much darker and more brutal than the other stories. Perhaps that is why this was selected for the final piece of the book. The twists kept coming in this one, almost too many because it became a bit difficult to follow. I did enjoy it though and was very happy with the conclusion.

So overall the second half of the book really saved this collection. At this point I would definitely read more of Mr Deaver's short stories. I'm not so sure about his longer works with his signature character Lincoln Rhymes. It's not because I don't think I would enjoy them but rather because I already have a lot of authors in the thriller genre with on-going series...I can't keep up as it is. But who knows?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Twisted.