Winnie Lim's Reviews > Promises Under the Peach Tree

Promises Under the Peach Tree by Joanne Rock

F 50x66

This is my first book by Joanne Rock and I really enjoyed it. I love second chances story and this was a sweet, romantic one. Amidst all the sweetness though, this book covers a lot of serious issues such as coping with a bipolar mother, a marriage gone sour causing the daughter a lot of stress and anxiety, death of a friend ultimately causing a young couple to break up. I do like it when an author brings in some serious real life issues to the story. I think a lot of readers can learn from these issues and such stories also give hope to those who are struggling that they can overcome their issues and find their happily ever after too. I think Joanne did a great job with this.

I did feel though that Mack and Nina took a tad too long to overcome all the obstacles and find their way to each other. I do understand all the issues that they face and how wary they both were after all they had gone through. Nevertheless, I find Promises Under The Peach Tree a great book and I can just picture Mack and Nina under that peach tree.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promises Under the Peach Tree.

Started Reading