Asia's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

bookshelves: 2015

Rating: 4.5

WOW!!!!!! IS ALL I CAN SAY.

I picked this book up on a whim as I wanted to see what the book series was like before I tried watching the show. I did not expect to finish or to like it as much as I did. I never read medieval fantasy books, that genre just never interested me but this book intrigued me.

It was so good!!! The beginning was a bit slow but once you got more and more into it, it just kept getting better!

The character development was awesome and you could almost feel what they were going through. I would root for them, be happy for them, be sad, etc.

I honestly CANNOT WAIT to continue the series. I'm not much of a series reader, but I really would like to get through this one!!!

I also have to say I'm really proud of myself as this is the first time I've read and finished a 700+ book so go me!

Honestly, even if you aren't into the whole knights/fighting/war/olden days/betrayal books I highly suggest checking out this first book! It will take you on one heck of an adventure :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

March 10, 2015 – Shelved
March 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
March 22, 2015 – Started Reading
March 22, 2015 –
page 161
19.28% "i've never watched a full episode or really heard about the plot of the series so i didn't know what to expect but i've really been enjoying it so far :~)"
March 24, 2015 –
page 204
24.43% "really enjoying it so far :) i dont even wanna put the book down but school...."
March 29, 2015 –
page 413
49.46% "half way point woohoo! catelyn's sister lysa is being a bit unreasonable at the moment and i really don't like cersei's character... but the book is great so far :-)"
April 13, 2015 –
page 522
62.51% "things are getting heated!!! wish i had more time to read this but its a struggle to read during finals :/"
April 15, 2015 –
page 600
71.86% "things are heating up real quick!!"
April 16, 2015 – Finished Reading