Kimberly's Reviews > Enslaved By Blood

Enslaved By Blood by Stephani Hecht

it was ok
bookshelves: paranormal, review, lgbtq, covers-i-adore, read-2010, romance

Drone Vampire Nolan has survived inexplicable torture at the hands of his enemies, only to find himself blinded and thrown into the paranormal prison from hell. Just as he’s sure he’s about to be killed, Nolan is rescued by the warlock Donavan. Under Donavan’s care, Nolan begins to truly come back to life and it’s not long before he falls hard for the sexy warlock. But what Nolan doesn’t know is that Donavan’s hiding a secret; one that could change the way Nolan looks at him forever.

Stephani Hecht’s trademark snarkiness is back in the fast-paced Enslaved by Blood. For those unfamiliar with Ms. Hecht’s Drone Vampire Chronicles, Enslaved by Blood is sure to be an engaging read. While I did enjoy the story, it breaks my heart to say I couldn’t love it because I felt like I’ve read everything in Enslaved by Blood before. While the Drone Vampire Chronicles has been hit-or-miss for me, I keep coming back because I know Ms. Hecht has the talent to create endearing characters and memorable plots. I did like Nolan, Donavan, Donavan’s brother Ian, and his cousin Lachlan; in fact, I liked them immensely. It’s just that their voices blend with so many of Ms. Hecht’s other heroes. There’s nothing distinctive about Enslaved by Blood, which is a pity. Still, I don’t want to discount the fact that, on its own, Enslaved by Blood is an entertaining tale. It’s fun and sexy with characters that charm and I’m hoping to see more of Nolan, Donavan, and Donavan’s family in future Drone Vampire books.

Reviewed for Joyfully Reviewed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enslaved By Blood.

September 19, 2010 – Started Reading