Sofia Galvez's Reviews > The Neverending Story

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende

5420503

liked it
bookshelves: 2015, 2015-reading-challenge, nwh-bookclub

The Neverending Story was a book club book for the month of March. To be honest it would not have been a book I would have chosen for myself.I'm not a fan of reading a book after I already seen the movie. I remember really liking the movie as a kid and reading the book it was hard to separate the two at first. Cause even though the characters were described totally differently from the movie I kept picture them as their movie versions. Spoiler alert. Atreyu skin is suppose to be green and Bastian is suppose to be a chubby bowlegged kid. Besides those subtle difference from the two versions the book is pretty similar to the movie for about 40% of it. That was when the book really changes and the MC Bastian basically changes personalities. I did not like that at all. He becomes an arrogant jerk and I really was almost lost with his story. He does have some redeeming qualities but it still left a bad taste for me. Overall I did like the story but thought it was really long. The Neverending Story title never felt so true and I really wish it had ended sooner.

I think this book might be more suitable for kids instead of adults. I think they might like all the adventures.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Neverending Story.

March 9, 2015 – Started Reading
March 9, 2015 – Shelved
March 9, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015
March 9, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-reading-challenge
March 9, 2015 – Shelved as: nwh-bookclub
March 19, 2015 –
10.0% "All the men and women together. That’s why they called me Atreyu, which in our language means ‘Son of All"
March 20, 2015 –
50.0% "This is better than what I thought it was gonna be."
March 20, 2015 –
65.0% "This took a different direction."
March 21, 2015 –