Cee (The Mistress Case)'s Reviews > End of Days

End of Days by Susan Ee

Mar 09, 2015

it was ok
bookshelves: dystopia

As far as I'm concerned, End of Days is a feast of gore and action that made my eyes want to sag out and take a vacation. Not to mention the angel politics were laughable, the dumpy information about the pit bored me, and Penryn sounded monotone most of the times. This book was underwhelming as fuck.

Just disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read End of Days.

March 9, 2015 – Shelved
March 9, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
March 9, 2015 – Shelved as: wishlist
March 9, 2015 – Shelved as: dystopia
February 26, 2016 – Started Reading
February 26, 2016 –
page 0
0.0% "This is long overdue, and fuck, do I need to refresh my memory. Time to read reviews now!"
page 105
31.72% "Can. We. Please. Just. Get. Somewhere."
page 187
56.5% "This is not exciting as I thought it would be. It's bordering on "disappointing."\n \n "
page 262
79.15% ""This is Penryn Young, Daughter of Man, Killer of Angels."\n \n "
February 28, 2016 –
page 287
86.71% "HUMANITY.\n \n "
February 28, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Kali (new) - rated it 1 star

Kali This was probably one of the most disappointing endings to a series I have ever read. Also, I can't be the only one that thought that the "talent show" scene was so out of place and bizarre?

Cee (The Mistress Case) Kali wrote: "This was probably one of the most disappointing endings to a series I have ever read. Also, I can't be the only one that thought that the "talent show" scene was so out of place and bizarre?"

I have to say it was cringe-worthy and sappy, although at one point it did touch me. Other than that, very disappointing, very lackluster.

message 3: by Nidofito (new)

Nidofito Honestly, I don't know what the big deal is. I've read the first book and it was messy

Nenia ✨ Queen of Literary Trash, Protector of Out-of-Print Gems, Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Mother of Smut, the Unrepentant, Breaker of Convention ✨ Campbell Aww, I'm sorry you didn't like it, Cee. A lot of my friends were disappointed with this one. :(

Cee (The Mistress Case) Nenia *War of the Adorables* wrote: "Aww, I'm sorry you didn't like it, Cee. A lot of my friends were disappointed with this one. :("

I didn't want to believe my friends either :/