Mel's Reviews > Sapphire Blue

Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier

bookshelves: 4-stars, audiobook, read-in-2015

This is a generous 4 stars.
While reading this, I discovered my problem with this series. I only care about one aspect of it.
There is the aspect with the time travel, the secret organizations and the Chronograph.
There is the other aspect, the romance with Gideon and the fact that she sees ghosts.
I only care about the secone aspect. A lot of people hate the romance in this series. It makes Gwenyth a really whiny girl and Gideon is an asshole. That is clear. But it's also such a huge focus of the book that it's all I care about. I do not like Gideon. He really is a pompous conceited asshole and I hate the "I made you fall in love with me on purpose" thing he has going on here.
My favourite character in this entire series is the demon gargoyle ghost. He's hilarious and basically the only character that has no flaws to me.
I mean I like the series, and im already a decent way through the last book, but I don't care about the main plot of the book enough to be honest. It's terribly explained (as in I understand nothing) and in the first two books there has been no explanation so I feel like the third book might be a bit of a rush to conclude everything.

Book Challenge book #13: A Book Set In A Different Country

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sapphire Blue.

March 9, 2015 – Shelved
March 9, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
March 10, 2015 – Started Reading
March 11, 2015 –
20.0% "I hate Charlotte so much. And Gideon because he's dating her."
March 11, 2015 –
60.0% "I hope Charlotte dies tbh I am so sick of this damn love triangle."
March 11, 2015 – Finished Reading