Gail Cooke's Reviews > Brontorina

Brontorina by James Howe

Sep 18, 2010

James Howe, the popular children's book author of some 80 books for young readers, has crafted a captivating tale that reminds us of what may happen when we hold fast to our dream.

Brontorina wants to dance, she wants to become a ballerina. Well, she has all the enthusiasm and determination in the world but not much else. She's way too tall, too big, and too heavy – she's a dinosaur. Where in the world could a dinosaur even find toe shoes?

Nonetheless, Madame Lucille, proprietor of Madame Lucille's Dance Academy for Boys and Girls, immediately recognizes that Brontorina is a ballerina in her heart and invites her to join the class.

Well, despite Brontorina's best efforts you can imagine the effect this had on other class members and, goodness, when Brontorina leaped she hit the ceiling. Obviously, the dance studio space was way too small.

However, as we know for every problem very often there's a solution. Young readers will be delighted to discover how with the help of Madame Lucille and her friends Brontorina is able to make her dream come true.

Highly recommended.

- Gail Cooke

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brontorina.

06/29 marked as: read