Alexa's Reviews > A Conjuring of Light

A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Conjuring of Light.

Quotes Alexa Liked

V.E. Schwab
“Love and loss,” he said, “are like a ship and the sea. They rise together. The more we love, the more we have to lose. But the only way to avoid loss is to avoid love. And what a sad world that would be.”

V.E. Schwab
“I told you to keep him safe, not cuddle."
Alucard spread his hands behind him on the sheets. "I'm more than capable of multitasking”

V.E. Schwab
“Kell swept Lila up into his arms, amazed at her lightness. She took up so much space in the world—in his world—it was hard to imagine her being so slight. In his mind, she was made of stone.”

V.E. Schwab
“A low whistle behind him as Alucard appeared at the entrance.
'Picking out a gift?' asked the captain.
'No.'
'Good, then take this'. He dropped a ring into Kell's hand.
Kell frowned. 'I'm flattered, but I think you're asking the wrong brother.”

V.E. Schwab
“Scars are not shameful, not unless you let them be. If you do not wear them, they will wear you.”

V.E. Schwab
“And strategy is just a fancy word for a special kind of common sense, the ability to see options, to make them where there were none. It’s not about knowing the rules. It’s about knowing how to break them.”
tags: lila

V.E. Schwab
“And bring me back that knife,” she added. “It’s my favorite one.”
Kell shook his head, and freed the blade from where it had lodged in the wood. “They’re all your favorite.”

March 8, 2015 – Shelved
March 8, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
March 8, 2015 – Shelved as: 2017-publication
March 23, 2017 – Started Reading
March 23, 2017 –
page 117
18.75% "It's been over a hundred pages and Kell still hasn't put on a shirt yet."
March 24, 2017 –
page 298
47.76% "I have this horrible feeling that some of the main characters (maybe even Kell?!) is going to die somewhere along the way and it's going to wreck me heart and soul."
March 25, 2017 –
85.0% "More and more people die each chapter and my anxiety is increasing exponentially."
March 25, 2017 – Shelved as: march-tbr-2017