Megan's Reviews > Everything, Everything

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

bookshelves: ebook, arc, read-in-2015, paperback, read-in-2016, re-read

First Read: August 2015 (eBook)
Re Read: January 2016 (Paperback)

Cover

I just have to mention this cover. It is beautiful and really caught my eye. It's one of my favourite 2015 covers.

January 2016

On 're reading Everything Everything in paperback I have upped my rating from 3 stars to 4 stars. I st I have some issues with this book but reading the paperback has made me love it a lot more. WARNING: Do not read it in ebook format. NOTE: I definitely connected with the MC this time.

August 2015 Review

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon is a book I heard everyone raving about and loving, so I went into it with high expectations. And I have to say I didn't love it as much as everyone else it seems and I really wanted too. You don't want to feel like the odd one out but I have to feel what I feel. Don't get me wrong it wasn't all bad there was just something that didn't sit right with me.

The story concept was unique a girl who's allergic to everything. She has had to stay inside her whole life and is cared for by her mother and nurse. Madeline was are protagonist and she was an interesting, voice. But for some reason I just couldn't connect with her as much as I hoped. I know she was secluded because of her disease and didn't have any friends but she was really annoying sometimes and it felt like she has a personality transplant half way though. I connected more with Madelines new neighbour Olly and the love interest. I found him more interesting and wanted to learn more about him and his family.

Not connecting with the protagonist in a story can really impair the story for me but thankfully the writing and the concept of the story made up for it. I really enjoyed Nicola Yoon's style of writing and this is what keep me reading. The concept of a girl not being able to leave her house, to not have any communication with anyone but a few people was really interesting to read about but even though this concept was great it just didn't seem to go as far as I wanted it too.

Now one thing I must say is there is illustrations though out the book and I read an ebook version and they just didn't come across as good in the ebook so I would suggest getting a paperback.

Overall the story was interesting, the writing was fantastic even though I didn't get on with the main character it is a story that I think a lot of people will like. And it's an author I will be checking out again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything, Everything.

March 7, 2015 – Shelved