Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

photo mae-whitman-robbie-amell-the-duff-gif1.gif

This is a fun story about finding the right person around the wrong circumstances.

Bianca Piper is a seventeen year old teenager who's life is about to get really complicated. Her parents are having issues, her ex-boyfriend is coming to town and she just learned that she is the DUFF- Designated Ugly Fat Friend. Worse, is that she learns this from the hot slutty sexy high school heartthrob Wesley Rush.
Bianca wants nothing else than to escape from her life and starting a clandestine relationship with Wesley for some reason makes sense since she has no feelings for him. He'll be just a fling, an escape, a distraction. What's the worse that could happen?

Holy smokes! Wesley was just too great for words. One of the best changes from bastard to awesome I have read in YA book (**cough** Daemon Black**cough**) . The only reason he approached Bianca in the first place is to hook up with one of her two best friends. Bastard, anyone?? However, I love the subtle changes in him, they were all gratifying and at some point in the story I felt bad for him. I hit my face and threw the Ipad on the bed and screamed "Noooo" "Why, did she do that for?". (I think my face is still stinging). Anyway, Wesley won me over and as the story unfolded I was rooting for him wholeheartedly. He was a good listener and he steped up to the plate big time and more than once.

I do wish this book had an epilogue.

“I think about you much more than any self-respecting man would like to admit, and I'm insanely jealous of Tucker - something I never thought I'd say. Moving on after you is impossible. No other girl can keep me on my toes the way you can. No one else makes me WANT to embarrass myself by writing sappy letters like this one.
Only you.”

4/5 Fangs
MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It
Facebook
Twitter
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The DUFF.

March 7, 2015 – Started Reading