Carolynn's Reviews > Entwined

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Sep 17, 2010

bookshelves: read-in-2011

I have come to realize how much I love historical fiction. I have also noticed that I love re tellings of older fairy tales that we all grew up hearing. This book is a re-telling for the 12 dancing princesses.

When I was growing up I never said I wanted to be a princess. After reading Entwined I realized that I want to be a princess. I want to wear the pretty dresses and go to the pretty balls! lol. In this story the sisters are not the wealthy type of royalty we are all used to. In the beginning for the book the girls mother dies while giving birth to the 12th child. The book is mainly a story on how the girls are going through a year of mourning and how they must find somewhere to dance in secret because it is forbidden.

In some parts of the book I felt that the story kind of dragged. I found myself wishing it would just get to the part where it would get juicy. It seemed like the author had to put in every conversation that the girls had in the book which i could have done without. I liked the relationships the older girls ended up in and I found myself having a soft spot for the king. Maybe because he reminded me alot of my father! :)

All in all though I did enjoy the idea behind this re-telling and how the book ended. If you enjoy historical fiction or fairy tale re-tellings I would recommend this book! :)

Thank you to Star Book Tours for letting me review this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entwined.

September 17, 2010 – Shelved