Fabian {Councillor}'s Reviews > The Ship of Adventure

The Ship of Adventure by Enid Blyton

"The Ship of Adventure" has been the first one of Enid Blyton's books I read and has easily kept me interested in the other ones as well when I've still been a little child reading about adventures and great mysteries leading to happy-ends. I know this series will always have a special place in my heart, as it is the first one I ever started to read, but this book seems kind of outstanding in comparison to the other novels. The cruise was used to create an interesting atmosphere, and I remember I caught myself falling in love with young monkey Mickey and his special bond to Philip. The greek island landscape has included a wonderful setting Enid Blyton could not have chosen better to let the story culminate in its turning point. The book is still written for children, which is why the language is kept comparatively simple. The characters of the four children are only allowed to.have some major attributes rather than being more full-layered, but they are still very likeable, and the book absolutely succeeds in its attempt to create an intriguing story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ship of Adventure.

Started Reading