Chris's Reviews > The Distance Between Us

The Distance Between Us by L.A. Witt

liked it
bookshelves: 2010, gay, ebook, owned, romance, menage, done

Decent m/m romance that, unfortunately, drove me completely nuts more than once or twice, or I would've rated it higher. It's about two guys who have been together for ten years and finally broke up recently. However, they're still living together because of the housing market - they can't afford to sell their house and they can't afford to pay rent somewhere else and pay the mortgage on the house. They get a very hot roommate and then both get sexually involved with him. I wanted to slap the two main characters. Many, many times.The sex-to-story ratio was seriously skewed. And this wasn't one of the menage books that worked for me. All of this is a shame, because I really like L.A. Witt's writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Distance Between Us.

Started Reading
July 29, 2010 – Finished Reading
September 16, 2010 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by ElaineY (last edited Nov 14, 2011 05:23PM) (new) - added it

ElaineY A friend pre-ordered the sequel, which prompted me to check out this prequel and the blurb already had me making up my mind not to read it. Your review sealed that decision...so thanks, Chris:).

My reason for steering clear is 100% personal taste, though, and nothing to do with the author's writing. I'm one of those who never look back once I decide a relationship is over and I couldn't bring myself to buy and read a story like The Distance Between Us. Bad enough it's about an established-now-finished relationship but this is about dragging in a 3rd! Ugh>:0

Chris I think that's a big part of why I found the story frustrating, too. :)