Marjorie's Reviews > The Secret Sister

The Secret Sister by Brenda Novak

F 50x66

Secrets that go back decades are a mystery, especially when trying to find out what happened. When an unknown sister is discovered to have existed, Maisey must and won't stop searching and talking to anyone she can to find out what happened to her. The incite into how the different characters think, act, and feel are brilliantly developed by Brenda Novak. I wish I could have been there to help, especially since it takes place on an island off the coast of South Carolina. Maisey, who has returned with a broken heart, interacts with her psychologically affected brother Keith who has a drug addiction, their controlling, non-conforming mother, Josephine, and her next door neighbor, Rafe, who she once had an enchanting night with back in high school. I fell in love with Rafe, wanted to give a wakeup call to Keith, and stay out of Josephine's way. It will be difficult for me to wait for the next book in this series. I want a Keith and Nancy story, for sure, if it can work out. [I received this ARC from the author.]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Sister.

March 6, 2015 – Shelved