Lori JG 's Reviews > Testing the Submissive

Testing the Submissive by Al Daltrey

Alright now, this is definitely "The Grown Ups Table" and I'm looking around wondering how the hell I got here!
Seriously, this book was recced to me from a friend and fellow Street Team member who knows what I like. And , I Really liked this book!
Its not my sexual preference, but the book was well written - and cast the proper light upon the BDSM D/s, relationship. Seems like everything I've read up to now on that lifestyle was pretty damn vanilla. *With some really pretty sprinkles on top*
Must say I was surprised to find it in the female POV - coming from a male author - but Al did a great job hitting that target. I dare say, Al must know this character intimately.

It was tough to hang with our girl sometimes - I wanted to smack her and "rescue her" at times, but staying on the journey brought me to a understanding I never had before, and maybe a little harder pull on that innate response & need we have to be cared for by a man. A capable man. A traditional man. A protector, provider and nurturer. Who Lewis? Exactly - at first I wanted to bean him and throw him out with the trash. But then, I realized the truth about him. How can you not fall for a guy THAT into you & your needs. ( Believe me, after years of disappointment and neglect , being surrounded by men that can barely meet their own needs, or own their own feelings - Lewis is a hot commodity.

I love reading from the male POV - its my "fetish" you might say, so this has left me longing to hear from that big, sexy, Alpha, Dom Daddy, Lewis.

I have a pretty good sense of the Submissive mind set and specifically the masochist submissive, Al wrote, but I wanna get inside that Dom's head - I wanna know what he's thinking, I wanna top that bad boy from the bottom!

LOL - Thanks Al! Great book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Testing the Submissive.

Finished Reading