Jo (My House of Books)'s Reviews > Ain't Too Proud to Beg

Ain't Too Proud to Beg by Susan Donovan

Sep 16, 2010

liked it

A cute and surprisingly hot contemporary romance. Just what I wanted!

I picked up Ain't Too Proud to Beg, thanks in part to Ms. Donovan's interview with Sarah at Smart Bitches Trashy Books, and I am so glad I did.

Josie is normal, a little gun-shy when it comes to relationships because she's dated some real "winners" recently. She and the three other ladies in her dog-walking group have sworn off men, though Josie never seemed to vehemently swear this oath. Regardless, she's not looking for love when she attempts to win a year's worth of grooming for her Labradoodle, Genghis. Then she meets Rick.

Rick is a successful entrepreneur with a dark and shameful secret. It's this blemish on his past which prompts him to turn his life around, becoming the success that he is today. He too had sworn off women, until he meets Josie, and they click.

As I said, I'm so glad I picked up this book. Ms. Donovan's voice is strong, and it's easy to relate to Josie and Rick. That's not to say I agree with their decisions as they journey toward love, particularly the little secrets they keep from one another, but they do receive their HEA, despite the bumps -- and a dangerous blast from Rick's past.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ain't Too Proud to Beg.