Melanie's Reviews > The Deal

The Deal by Elle Kennedy

bookshelves: read-in-2015, contemporary, romance, new-adult, sports

"The Deal is a real gem! If you are on a lookout for something with light-hearted humor, splendid storyline and charged with sexual chemistry, I strongly recommend reaching for it. It’ll be exactly what you need." - Patrycja

^This is 100% the truth about this book. It was a delight to read. It completely caught me off guard. So many of my friends were reading it, I just took a shot in the dark without expecting anything. The low expectation only made this book even better.

Throughout most the book Garrett is portrayed like your typical cocky jock, but when he surprised me I fell completely head over heels in love with him - (view spoiler). Seriously, I had a stupid grin on my face while reading everything he said or did after that. And Hannah was such an amazingly strong female lead that more authors should achieve to write characters like. I loved them both. I loved their story.

This book also deals with a sadness (view spoiler) that a lot of NA romances try to cover and fail while doing so. This book does a phenomenal job bringing light to that darkness. I have the utmost respect for this author.

I ate this book up.
With a spoon.
Then asked for seconds.

Please?

Blog | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | Youtube | Twitch

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Deal.

March 4, 2015 – Shelved
March 4, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
March 6, 2015 – Started Reading
March 6, 2015 –
page 1
0.29% "I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon, considering 75% of my friends are reading this currently! \n "
March 8, 2015 –
January 3, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary
January 7, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
May 15, 2016 – Shelved as: new-adult
July 4, 2017 – Shelved as: sports

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Melanie Kyle wrote: "Now aiming to fill the banjo-drum-playing-mobster-jock-with no-penetration archetype. I feel so cliche. :P"

I just spit out tea! <3

Melanie Nenia wrote: "I was not expecting Garrett to be as sweet as he was. It was a nice surprise. :)"

I felt the exact same! I'm still surprised I'm actually enjoying this series, to be honest! They are just such good fluff! :]