Cate's Reviews > Shadows

Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Rating: 4 OUT OF THIS WORLD STARS

I loved this book so much, like, SO FREAKING MUCH WORDS CANNOT EVEN EXPLAIN. Miss J.L. Armentrout (aka the author), made an amazing job writing this precuel to Obsidian.
I believe it is really neccesary to read this, like I understand people say you don't have to, that's not crucial, but come on! If you read this awesome short book, you'll totally understand why Deamon hate so much humans, or why he tried so hard to keep Katy away from Dee.

“how could he explain what happened? 'hey, honey, i'm an alien and apparently i just doused you with some radioactive loving! wanna catch a movie?' Yeah, not cool.”

The humor and such a teenage-type writing style never disappoints me. You can perfectly get related to any of their feelings and thoughts, and that's makes everything simply amazing. Cause for a reader, there is nothing better than being able to feel like you are in that place, living that.

Also, it was inmensly good to finally get to know Dawson and Bethany. Both characters were very unique, and a 100% lovable. Specially Dawson; I mean, the things he said and did, were totally romantic. And I repeat it again, very close to everyday life (I mean chatting till late on phone, texting, lunch together). Seeing and understanding their love, helps you a lot with knowing why Dawson was so desperate to save her next in Opal. i just fell in love with their love, which, by the way was 'Love at first sight'.

“Finish that sentence and i will stab you in the eye with the spork Bethany's about to pull out of her bag for her apple sauce. And she'd be very upset if i got her sprk all messed up. She's rather fond of the thing."

To conclude I really enjoyed this book, far more than the actual Lux series. Perhaps was the fact that it's told from two perspectives? Who knows. I loved it, and recommend it to everyone who like sci-fi, aliens, hot guys, Lux series, etc, etc. And even if you didn't like it, give this a try.
I promise, you will not reget it.

P.d: THAT ENDING BITHCES!! THAT KILLING ENDING. Got me staring at the ebook screen like for half an hour, trying to figure out how am I gonna get over that now? My heart is broken. Bye

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows.

Quotes Cate Liked

“What?" he demanded.
"Did you just...clean a dish?" Dee backed away slowly, blinking. She glanced at Daemon. "The world is going to end. And I’m still a vir—"

"No!" both the brothers yelled in unison.

Daemon looked like he was actually going to vomit. "Jesus, don’t ever finish that statement. Actually, don’t ever change that. Thank you."

Her mouth dropped open."You expect me to never have—"

"This isn’t a conversation I want to start my morning with." Dawson grabbed his book bag off the kitchen table. "I’m so leaving for school before this gets more detailed."

"And why aren’t you dressed yet?" Dee demanded, her full attention concentrated on Daemon. "You’re going to be late."

"I’m always late."
"Punctuality makes perfect.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Daemon stomped past them, bumping into his brother's shoulder. "You make my head hurt", he said, scowling. "And you make me all warm and fuzzy inside".”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Finish that sentence and i will stab you in the eye with the spork Bethany's about to pull out of her bag for her apple sauce. And she'd be very upset if i got her sprk all messed up. she's rather fond of the thing." - Dawson”

“Batter up, mofo.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“She. Spoke. To. Him. First. It was like winning the lottery, getting laid, and climbing the highest cliff all rolled into one. But he needed to play it cool, becase he was trending into lame-o land at a quick pace.”
tags: humor

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Ash twisted toward Daemon, her cheeks flushed. “I can’t believe you’re allowing him to do this. Next thing we know, you’ll be dating a human.”
Daemon busted out laughing. “Yeah, not going to happen.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Oh, for the love of baby humans everywhere, you’re an idiot.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Love of sugar had to mean true love. It just had to.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Ah, i just know. That's my talent, if you were wondering. I just know things." She rolled her eyes, but she was grinning. "What a unique talent"
"I know. I amaze myself”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Jesus. He could see the headlines now. Aliens Among Us. Run!”
tags: humor

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“The thing is, every Luxen feared Daemon's notorious temper. His brother was like a lit fuse, ready to explode at any minute, but what they didn't know was that it was another thing Dawson shared with Daemon. When push came to shove, and it involved someone he cared about, he could be just as mean.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You probably should have thought about that before you Lite-Brited her ass.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“If "fine" were sporting a serial-killer glare, then she'd hate to see what "not fine" was.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“He gave her a slight, tight-lipped smile. The smile he typically gave people before he ate them alive.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I love you, Dawson. I love who you are, what you are. And I don’t think love recognizes differences. It just is. And we really aren’t that different.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You're brother is all excitable this morning," Daemon said. "For school. There's something inherently wrong with that."
Dawson smirked. "There's something inherently wrong with the fact that Dee and I have to stand here and talk to you while you're in your boxers.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“At home, the females of their race had been cherished. Something the human males didn’t seem to do.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Mom and Dad will be so proud that she brought home an alien.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Seguro, era un extraterrestre con poderes ilimitados, pero ella lo hacia temblar. ¡Anoten un punto para la débil humana!”

March 3, 2015 – Shelved
March 3, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
November 25, 2015 – Started Reading
November 25, 2015 –
40.0% "I really don't know who I like the most, Dawson or Deamon?"
November 26, 2015 –
82.0% "No no no no no no no nononono\n I think that Beth just died, or got extremely injured"
November 27, 2015 – Finished Reading