Kate's Reviews > Addicted

Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone

Sep 15, 2010

bookshelves: historical-romance, guilty-pleasures
Read from January 08 to 09, 2011 , read count: 1

First thoughts: Wowowowowowowow.... wow!

Second more clear thoughts:
I was blown away! The author is just so outrageously talented at conveying feelings, it's insane. I will say that I truly regret reading the book summary, it prevented me from enjoying the first 10% of the book because I was dreading what was bound to happen. If you trust my rating at all, READ THIS BOOK, and just skip the summary ;)

(Side note: In a completely inconsequential story I was writing but at an impasse, this book gave me the perfect idea on how to continue it.)

SPOLERS

In the beginning of the novel, I was just as drawn in by the delusion of Rebecca as Lindsay was. I was just as outraged at Lindsay, as Anais was. Even seeing both sides, I was still totally with each character on their disgust, their clear emotions, they're awful decisions.

I was as irate at Anais as Lindsay was, about not telling Lindsay about their daughter. Gah, at that moment, I was right with Lindsay at wanting to dump the woman. And I was bawling my eyes out as Lindsay kept smoking the opium and reading that note from Robert. Then bawling my eyes out at the situation, of how they would never be able to get their baby back.

It reminded me of someone I know, and made me see the situation from a whole new perspective. The thought of losing a child... or giving up a child, Christ, I don't think I would survive something like that :\

Jeez-louis, what a novel! Emotionally exhausting, yes, but totally, totally amazing! And that's not even touching the naughty scenes with a ten foot pole... and MAN, the naughty scenes! I have read a lot of racy stuff, but holy crap!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Addicted.

Rochelle ooh, good pick!

Michelle K Love love loved this book.

Michelle K I am so happy you were as blown away as this novel as I was. I like to rate a book 5 stars when warrented but there are a few books that I wish had and "EPIC STAR" rating because that is where I put Charlotte Featherstone and Diana Gabaldon books. Somehow 5 stars just ain't high enough. Just wait until you read Sinful.

Kate I started it! And had a very difficult time going to bed last night!