Eva • All Books Considered's Reviews > The Guest Cottage

The Guest Cottage by Nancy Thayer

12919649

bookshelves: beach-reads
Read 2 times. Last read May 25, 2017 to May 27, 2017.

Full review to come soon!

ETA:

Review originally posted at All Books Considered

I have a true affinity for books set on Nantucket (my favorite of all time has to be The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand), and The Guest Cottage is no exception! Even though I have never been to Nantucket, I feel like I know it so well from reading these books -- it's so easy to immerse yourself in the world of this tiny island with long summer days on the beach. All I could think about the entire time I was devouring this book was being there -- it seemed so real from Nancy Thayer's descriptions. I was rooting for Sophie and Trevor hard core the entire book -- Trevor is so, so good and I really loved that any intimacy beyond friendship didn't happen right away. This book is the perfect beach read and it has me in a serious mood for summer!

I definitely recommend this for anyone who wants a perfect beach read, a book set on Nantucket, and/or fans of Elin Hilderbrand. I'm definitely keeping The Guest Cottage on my beach reads shelf and I know I will re-read it!

So this was lust. It might even be love. She liked him, she admired him, and every time he came into her view her heart did a happy dance. She wanted to hang a full-length poster of him on her bedroom wall. She wanted to carry a photo of him as the screen saver on her iPhone. She wanted to shackle him to her body with chains and locks. She wanted to kiss every freckle, ever muscle, even the bottoms of his long, bony feet. She wanted to lie on top o him and fit her body to hi, arm to arm, leg to let, breasts to hairy chest.
Apparently she had finally, at the age of thirty-six, achieved her teenage self.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Guest Cottage.

March 3, 2015 – Shelved