Nadine Larter's Reviews > An Invisible Sign of My Own

An Invisible Sign of My Own by Aimee Bender

bookshelves: my-library, my-library-read

Feeling humbled by the (to me) unpretentious quirk that is Aimee Bender. How glorious when reading feels a little bit like falling in love - something that you instinctively understand but could not possibly explain. I must admit that for this novel a lot of the charm lay in the reviews of others. Indignant school teachers offended by an inaccurate portrayal of teaching and children. Fussy readers who cannot cope when a story is not "just so" - as if being "realistic" and "structured" is the only way to be when it comes to putting yourself on paper. And yet here I sit, grateful for strange minds that take me to different worlds, and especially grateful that my own mind allows for me to be taken there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Invisible Sign of My Own.

March 3, 2015 – Started Reading
March 3, 2015 – Shelved
March 3, 2015 – Shelved as: my-library
March 4, 2015 –
page 105
41.02% "I have just fallen in love...."
March 4, 2015 – Finished Reading
September 21, 2015 – Shelved as: my-library-read

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Lobna Amer This is a beautiful review. It just described my feelings exactly toward the book.

Nadine Larter Lobna wrote: "This is a beautiful review. It just described my feelings exactly toward the book."

So happy to hear that :)