Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more's Reviews > Words of Radiance

Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

4/29/18: So far the graphic audio version of STORMLIGHT ARCHIVE has been fantastic, so I’m hopeful that Kaladin will annoy me less this time . . . *crosses fingers*

Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

WORDS OF RADIANCE is the second installment of Brandon Sanderson's STORMLIGHT ARCHIVE series, and, unfortunately . . . it fell a little flat for me.

Don't get me wrong, I liked it. This was one of those occasions when my rating steadily declined the more I stewed about the ends and outs . . . but immediately upon completion, I was all, "Yeah! Sanderson rocks again. WOOT!

But then came the stewing . . .

I had several significant issues with this book:

1. Cosmere crossover misfire.

The Cosmere is the realm in which many of Sanderson's different series take place. There are different worlds for the individual series, but these worlds are all in the same universe. I believe the ultimate goal is to begin a new series (after the completion of its forerunners) that ties the worlds together in a less tangential way.

Anyway, there are Easter eggs aplenty for a savvy fanperson, and I was made aware that a couple of important characters from a different series played important roles in WoR.

So I read the book from which these characters came just prior to starting to WoR . . . and then I completely missed Crossover #1's big entrance.

"How is that even possible?" you ask, and that's an excellent question, b/c, yes, I had just finished Crossover's book, and, yes, everything from it should have been fresh.

BUT.

Sanderson decided to disguise Crossover. Changed his name and made him a "Master" of something he had previously only been good at. In fact, in Crossover's book, he wins fights against more skilled foe by distracting them, b/c he knows he can't win if he plays fair.

How are we supposed to recognize Crossover if he's in disguise?

Another excellent question.

The obvious answer would be to make a point of gestures or catch phrases Crossover became known for, or references to key ideas from the world we last saw him in . . . and in a way Sanderson did this: he made up metaphors that referred to the most obvious aspect of the magic system in Crossover's world.

BUT. There were no such metaphors used in the actual book.

So despite the obvious nature of these "colloquialisms," they flew right over my head, b/c they weren't consistent to that world. Add to that the fundamental alteration of Crossover's abilities, and I failed to see the point of having a crossover at all.

And that annoyed me. Greatly.

2. My previously favorite character became a Grade-A loser, whiny baby.

3. I HAVE RULES.

And Rule #1 was broken. If you don't want to be spoiled, that's all I can say about it. For the Sandersonites who demand to know my reasons for casting more aspersions on their beloved namesake: (view spoiler)

Furthermore, the focus of this book felt completely different than its predecessor.

In WoK, good triumphed over evil b/c valor and loyalty and determination to be better than the corrupt leadership. Slaves became bloody heroes, and I thought my heart would burst from the FEELS.

In WoR . . . Shallan refused to unstick her head from the sand, and no amount of witty banter could overshadow her chicken-ness. Kaladin was the aforementioned loser, whiny baby. Dalinar shifted his stance on something he had previously forbidden b/c it was a convenient way to get rid of the competition, and Adolin had a psychotic break.

Instead of steadfast perseverance resulting in victory, victory was obtained despite the lack of heroism, b/c last minute come-to-Jesus.

I do not like this. At all.

However . . . there were enough interesting plot developments and secondary characters to keep it from being truly awful. Lift was enough by herself to make reading WORDS OF RADIANCE a worthwhile endeavor, and in a series like this skipping installments isn't an option. But ultimately . . . I'd say we have a classic case of Second Book Syndrome on our hands. Recommended with qualifications.

Jessica Signature

Welp. I did it. I was patient. I waited. BUT. Now it is finally (almost) time: BR of EPIC proportions with Sanctum of Fantasy. Starting 5/1/15. WOOT.

Pre-Review:

Dear Brandon Sanderson,

description

Full RTC.

My other reviews for this series:

The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive #3)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Words of Radiance.

Quotes Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Liked

Brandon Sanderson
“For glory lit, and life alive, for goals unreached and aims to strive. All men must try, the wind did see. It is the test, it is the dream.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Onward, then! To glory and some such nonsense.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Kaladin frowned. “Wait. Are you wearing cologne? In prison?”
“Well, there was no need to be barbaric, just because I was incarcerated.”
“Storms, you’re spoiled,” Kaladin said, smiling.
“I’m refined, you insolent farmer,” Adolin said. Then he grinned. “Besides, I’ll have you know that I had to use cold water for my baths while here.”
“Poor boy.”

Brandon Sanderson
“You sent him to the sky to die, assassin," Kaladin said, Stormlight puffing from his lips, "but the sky and the winds are mine. I claim them, as I now claim your life.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Honor is dead. But I'll see what I can do.”

Brandon Sanderson
“Jasnah had once defined a fool as a person who ignored information because it disagreed with desired results.”

Brandon Sanderson
“He saw it in her eyes. The anguish, the frustration. The terrible nothing that clawed inside and sought to smother her. She knew. It was there, inside. She had been broken.

Then she smiled. Oh, storms. She smiled anyway.

It was the single most beautiful thing he’d seen in his entire life.”

“This is insanity!"
"No, this is scholarship!”

Brandon Sanderson
“I don't talk to myself because I'm crazy."
"No?"
"I do it because I'm awesome.”

Brandon Sanderson
“My little Jasnah, insufferable and wonderful.”

Brandon Sanderson
“You have an odd sense of morality, mistress.”
“Don’t be stupid,” she said. “Every sense of morality is odd.”

March 3, 2015 – Shelved
April 30, 2015 –
0.0% "I'm starting and you can't stop me! SUCKA. What now?! Pssht. :P"
May 1, 2015 –
2.0% "A repeat customer was always more valuable than a one-off contract, and it was in the best interests of a woman like Liss to have a friend in the government. Jasnah’s family was safe from the likes of these. Unless she herself employed the assassins, of course.\n \n That's a significant qualifier . . . o.O"
May 1, 2015 –
5.0% "“Ha!” Rock, towering behind him, clapped Moash on the shoulder. “No complaining today! You do this thing too much. Do not make me kick you. I do not like kicking. It hurts my toes.”\n “Kick me?” Moash snorted. “You won’t even carry a spear, Rock.”\n “Spears are not for kicking complainers. But big Unkalaki feet like mine—it is what they were made for! Ha! This thing is obvious, yes?”\n \n I love Rock. SO much. ;)"
May 1, 2015 –
7.0% "“A moment of your time, sir,” Sigzil said quietly. \n “If you wish.” \n “You promised me that I could have a chance to measure your . . . particular abilities.” \n “Promised?” Kaladin asked. “I don’t remember a promise.” \n “You grunted.” \n “I . . . grunted?”\n \n Hahahaha!"
May 1, 2015 –
11.0% "“Laws are of men, Kaladin. Nature doesn’t have them!”\n “If I toss something upward, it comes back down.”\n “Except when it doesn’t.”\n “It’s a law.” \n “No,” Syl said, looking upward. “It’s more like . . . more like an agreement among friends.”\n He looked at her, raising an eyebrow.\n “We have to be consistent,” she said, leaning in conspiratorially. “Or we’ll break your brains."\n \n Can't have that ;)"
May 1, 2015 –
11.0% "“Syl . . .”\n “I’m serious, Kaladin! I don’t know. I don’t remember.” She grabbed her hair, one clump of white translucence in each hand, and pulled sideways.\n He frowned, then pointed. “That . . .”\n “I saw a woman do it in the market,” Syl said, yanking her hair to the sides again. “It means I’m frustrated. I think it’s supposed to hurt. So . . . ow?"\n \n LOL!!"
May 2, 2015 –
16.0% "“What fell curses did you bring on this people, beast?” Kylrm demanded.\n “Improper puns,” the man said lazily. “And a stench from something I ate that did not sit well with me."\n \n Crude jokes and gas then, LOL. Not sure that warrants being left to hang by your ankles, but what do I know?"
May 2, 2015 –
19.0% "“I can see why we need fellows who know how to light fires,” Bluth said. “But I don’t see why we need people to use fancy words.” \n “Shhhh,” Shallan said. “Don’t say that so loudly. If the lighteyes hear, they might stop wasting their time making up new words, and instead start interfering with the business of honest men.”\n \n Shallan, you is funneh. Which is better than tedious. <-----what you used to be."
May 2, 2015 –
25.0% "“You may run if you wish,” Shallan said, softening her tone. “I will not hunt you. I need servants, however, and I will pay you well. Six firemarks a week if you agree to put five of them toward paying down your slave debt. One if you don’t.”\n One of the men cocked his head. “So . . . we take away the same amount either way? What kind of sense does that make?”\n “The best kind.”\n \n BUH. *hugs Shallan*"
May 2, 2015 –
28.0% "“Hey!” Moash said. “Stop. Whoa. How do I get it to stop walking?”\n “You dropped the reins,” Jenet called after him. “Storming fool! Were you even listening?”\n “Reins,” Moash said, scrambling for them. “Can’t I just slap it over the head with a reed, like you do a chull?”\n Jenet rubbed her forehead.\n \n Hahahaha!"
May 3, 2015 –
39.0% "“This from a man who spent years refusing almost all challenges,” Melali said, looking Adolin up and down. “I’m surprised your daddy let you free to come talk. Isn’t he afraid you might hurt yourself?”\n “Nice to see you too, Melali,” Adolin said. “How’s your sister?\n “Off limits.”\n Oh, right. That was what he’d done. Honest mistake.\n \n Umm, guys . . . ? Still not liking Adolin . . ."
May 3, 2015 –
43.0% "“All right,” Sigzil said. He nodded toward the wall. “Can you do that again?”\n “More tests?” Kaladin asked with a sigh.\n “We have time,” Sigzil said. “Besides, I believe Rock wants to see if you fall on your face.”\n “Ha!”\n \n Ha!"
May 3, 2015 –
49.0% "“Tonight,” Lopen said, finger to the air, “I will be victorious. It is said you should never bet against the one-armed Herdazian in a drinking contest!” \n “It is?” Moash asked. \n “It will be said,” Lopen continued, “you should never bet against the one-armed Herdazian in a drinking contest!”\n \n LOL."
May 3, 2015 –
58.0% "“That was a joke, bridgeboy.” \n “My mistake. I was under the impression that jokes were supposed to be funny.” \n “Only to people with a sense of humor.” \n “Ah, of course,” Kaladin said. “I traded in my sense of humor long ago.” \n “And what did you get for it?” \n “Scars,” Kaladin said softly.\n \n *rubs fist over heart*"
May 4, 2015 –
60.0% "*ROARS* SADEAS! THIS:\n description\n THIS IS WHAT'S COMING FOR YOU. *throws head back and shrieks with RAGE*"
May 4, 2015 –
77.0% "“I think hanging people is a poor choice of professions for an executioner. Better to be the guy with an axe.”\n He frowned at her.\n “You see,” she said, “with the axe, it’s easier to get ahead . . .”\n description"
May 4, 2015 –
78.0% "He saw it in her eyes. The anguish, the frustration. The terrible nothing that clawed inside and sought to smother her. She knew. It was there, inside. She had been broken.\n Then she smiled. Oh, storms. She smiled anyway.\n It was the single most beautiful thing he’d seen in his entire life.\n \n The FEELS, the feels, the feeeheeheels!!"
May 4, 2015 –
85.0% "“Buy something nice? For a spren?”\n “Yeah. Like...I don’t know...a new hat. Yes, a hat. Might be cheap. She’s small. If a tailor tries to charge you full price for a hat that small, you thump him real good.”\n “That’s the most ridiculous piece of advice I’ve ever been given.”\n “You should rub yourself with curry and go prancing through the camp singing Horneater lullabies.”\n \n Hahahaha!!!"
Started Reading
May 5, 2015 –
89.0% "“We will prevent this! Today you fight not for the wealth of a lighteyes, or even for the honor of your king. Today, you fight for the good of all men. You will not fight alone! Trust in what I have seen, trust in my words. If those things have returned, then so must the forces that once defeated them. We will see miracles before this day is out, men! We merely have to be strong enough to deserve them.”"
May 5, 2015 – Finished Reading
April 29, 2018 – Started Reading
April 29, 2018 –
page 507
38.18% "Adolin frowned. “You’re here because you want to watch me spar. Admit it. The sketching is a ruse.”
“Hmmm. Someone has a high opinion of himself. Comes with being royalty, I suppose. Like funny hats and a fondness for beheadings.

description"
April 30, 2018 –
page 507
38.18% "So I’m listening to the graphic audio version of WoR for my reread, and . . . *giggle snorts* Kaladin LITERALLY has sad violin music playing in the background of his most emo moments 😂😂😂"

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)

Keri I love Brandon Sanderson's writing! Happy reading!!

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Me too! I don't know how I'm going to make it to August before reading Mistborn (b/c ANOTHER BR ;) ).

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I can't wait to get to these two. I have them sitting over in my stacks. Their thickness is both terrifying and exciting at the same time!!! I'm glad you liked it :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Two meaning the first one but I think you know what I meant. Lol

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more I knew what you meant, lol. And yes, I highly recommend reading them, Really, really good.

Steven Bam. I win the bet. Less than ten days. And you said you wouldn't/couldn't! I even doubled the time you actually needed!!!!

I'm getting there, slowly but surely, with Warbreaker. Started Words of Radiance today anyways. One chapter a day until I finish Warbreaker. ;)

message 7: by Markus (new) - added it

Markus Not a five-star? This is unexpected, Jessica :O

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Steven wrote: "Bam. I win the bet. Less than ten days. And you said you wouldn't/couldn't! I even doubled the time you actually needed!!!!

I'm getting there, slowly but surely, with Warbreaker. Started Words..."

I couldn't help it, LOL. You are good at compromise, my friend ;)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Markus wrote: "Not a five-star? This is unexpected, Jessica :O"

I actually thought WoK was better . . . o.O

Robin (Bridge Four) Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "Markus wrote: "Not a five-star? This is unexpected, Jessica :O"

I actually thought WoK was better . . . o.O"

Love the picture it is totally accurate. Interesting WoK better than WoR. Not the usual feeling is it because (view spoiler)

message 11: by Mike (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mike Aren't you glad you read Warbreaker first? Also: did you spot the other character from Warbreaker that had an appearance in this book?

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Robin wrote: "Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "Markus wrote: "Not a five-star? This is unexpected, Jessica :O"

I actually thought WoK was better . . . o.O"

Love the picture it is totally accurate...."

That was a big part of it, but it was also (view spoiler)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Mike wrote: "Aren't you glad you read Warbreaker first? Also: did you spot the other character from Warbreaker that had an appearance in this book?"

Was there someone else besides (view spoiler)

message 14: by Mike (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mike Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "Mike wrote: "Aren't you glad you read Warbreaker first? Also: did you spot the other character from Warbreaker that had an appearance in this book?"

Was there someone else besides [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more (last edited May 06, 2015 11:32AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Mike wrote: "Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "Mike wrote: "Aren't you glad you read Warbreaker first? Also: did you spot the other character from Warbreaker that had an appearance in this book?"

..."

HA! Neither did I. That's another point of contention seeing how I had just finished reading it. (view spoiler)

Robin (Bridge Four) Mike you mean scary right. It will be scary to see what blahblah can do with Yada Yada

message 17: by Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more (last edited May 06, 2015 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Robin wrote: "Mike you mean scary right. It will be scary to see what blahblah can do with Yada Yada"

Yesss, LOL. "Crazy, meet, Crazier. You kids have fun!"

Steven Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads wrote: "Mike wrote: "Aren't you glad you read Warbreaker first? Also: did you spot the other character from Warbreaker that had an appearance in this book?"

Was there someone else besides [spoilers removed]"

Yes, there was!!! *lips zipped*

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party Great honest review, Jessica!

I just recently learned about the Cosmere connection to all of Sanderson's original books. If I may ask, is the Crossover character you're referring to (view spoiler)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Thanks, David! (view spoiler) is also a crossover character, but from what I understand, he pretty much turns up in every book connected to the Cosmere. The character(s) I was talking about were originally from WARBREAKER, and I don't think they've shown up anywhere else . . . Yet ;)

message 21: by Filip (last edited May 23, 2015 08:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Filip Ambrosius Spoilers ahead.
(view spoiler)

Robin (Bridge Four) Hey Filip you probably should out most of the content if that post in a spoiler tag

Filip Ambrosius Robin wrote: "Hey Filip you probably should out most of the content if that post in a spoiler tag"

Sorry I was writing on phone and didn't know how to set spoiler tags. Then couldn't find edit button. Fixed now.

Robin (Bridge Four) Filip wrote: "Robin wrote: "Hey Filip you probably should out most of the content if that post in a spoiler tag"

Sweet you made a ton of good points there were lots of clues I found the second time through I didn't catch on the first.

There are just so many details that is hard to drink everything in the first time.

Filip Ambrosius Robin wrote: "Filip wrote: "Robin wrote: "Hey Filip you probably should out most of the content if that post in a spoiler tag"

I never read a book twice, so I pretty much have to catch all the details on the first read through (which I pretty much do). But yes, the rabbit-hole that is the Cosmere is extremely satisfying to figure out. And Sanderson keeps putting in very subtle hints here and there, like: (view spoiler). There is so much to dig into and research, and so many questions you really just have to read the forums for Q&A answers. I really hope he can continue expanding on the Cosmere parallel story the way he does currently and many years from now maybe we'll have a conclusion to the whole easter egg.

Rachel Reads Ravenously Wonderful review Jessica!

Nathan Christopher you're too nitpicky...

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥ wrote: "Wonderful review Jessica!"

Thanks, Rachel!

message 29: by Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more (last edited Aug 01, 2015 06:58AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Nathan wrote: "you're too nitpicky..."

I openly admit that my issue with the Cosmere crossover is nitpicky, however . . . I do not feel that disliking a sudden shift in MC temperament, especially when said shift includes being obstinately blind to damage he is causing with his crap attitude and refusal to acknowledge that which deep down he already knows about his bff's (view spoiler) is overly critical.

As far as the other thing is concerned, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Authors don't write long explanations for their decisions if they don't feel like the fan disapproval is warranted.

"So there" is implied. FYI. *snickers*

Andronikos Wait... so you don't like this book because the supposedly "good" characters only win by doing something "evil"? I'm assuming you'd have nothing to do with George R.R. Martin then... personally Adolin's "psychotic break" was one of my favorite parts (I'm assuming you're referring to the bit where he bashes in Sir Sleeze's head at the end...). I do agree though, the part where he teleports the entire army to the Castle of the Knights Radiant (or wherever it is) was a tad far-fetched...

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more It's nowhere near that simple. I don't like the characters b/c I don't like them. But the bigger issue is that I felt the overall tone of this book was inconsistent with the first book. WoK was all about honor and loyalty and setting a higher standard. This was all whining and ostriching and lowering yourself to the level of the gen pop. BUT. They happened to triumph anyway, but not b/c they deserved it. ALSO, my #1 rule is (view spoiler) There are rare exceptions, but this situation in particular embodies all the reasons why it's my #1 rule.

However, I am a huge proponent of the end not justifying the means. It depends on the story, though. I loved Glotka from The Blade Itself, but he was always bad, never pretended to be anything else, and the world he lived in supported that. Same for GRRM (whom I also like). SA's world . . . no way, man. Not with Dalinar as a ringleader. So for me, I guess, it's about being consistent.

message 32: by Fenrir (new)

Fenrir Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads wrote: "Me too! I don't know how I'm going to make it to August before reading Mistborn (b/c ANOTHER BR ;) )."

Steven Wow, Fenrir. You don't need to be an ass just because someone doesn't share the same OPINION as you do. What a jerk.

message 34: by Mike (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mike Fenrir wrote: "3 stars.. for Words of Radiance this is why i never take your reviews seriously even though I see them on every book I read. At this point if you give a book a good review I know it will be shit. "

That... was not helpful at all. Different strokes for different folks man.

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Fenrir wrote: "stars.. for Words of Radiance this is why i never take your reviews seriously even though I see them on every book I read. At this point if you give a book a good review I know it."

1. As Mike an Steven have already said, don't be an ass.

2. What's it like in your world of black and white? Bland? Colorless?

B/c part of the reason I reacted so strongly to WoR is b/c I bloody loved WAY OF KINGS. *shrugs* But I guess that means it's shit.

description

Aviva Hold on though, who is Crossover 1? I have guesses, but because it's disguised I'm still not sure.

Brian Too much Shallan, not enough Kaladin. Also was not entertaining when Syl was lost

Steven Aviva wrote: "Hold on though, who is Crossover 1? I have guesses, but because it's disguised I'm still not sure."

message 39: by Mee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mee "My previously favorite character became a Grade-A loser, whiny baby."

Which character is this ?

Steven Mee wrote: ""My previously favorite character became a Grade-A loser, whiny baby."

message 41: by Mike (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mike Steven wrote: "Mee wrote: ""My previously favorite character became a Grade-A loser, whiny baby."

:)"

she says in the review that Kaladin was the aforementioned loser, whiny baby. ;)"

Steven I thought he was whiny, but then again, I didn't see it as any whinier than I would have been in his situation. I probably would have been way worse LOL.

message 43: by Mee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mee Steven wrote: "Mee wrote: ""My previously favorite character became a Grade-A loser, whiny baby."

:)"

Thanks. Missed it. My fault for skimming the review.

Steven No worries... I only pointed it out because I missed it the first time I went through it too :)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more @Steven: you are excellent at picking up my slack, sir. *tips hat*

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Mike wrote: "An assessment I had always strongly disagreed with. PTSD is a hell of a condition. Given all that he went through I am surprised Kaladin wasn't WORSE than we saw in this book...."

Just b/c his behavior is realistic to his diagnosis doesn't make it less tiresome. 😉

Helen 2.0 Given that this was the second book in a longer series, I was willing to forgive some of the main characters being annoying since they have plenty of time to develop and better themselves. (Also bc I have a crush on every single main character.)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Helen 2.0 wrote: "But I see your point about Jasnah. If you’re going to die, do it properly or not at all."

EXACTLY. 😒

message 49: by Keri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Keri I love, love, love the graphic audio version of this series! I am anxiously waiting for Oathbringer to come out in graphic audio.

I know what you mean about Kaladin, but he's one of my most favorite characters so I was able to forgive a lot with him. I kept reminding myself that he's only 19 years old and he hasn't been given many reasons to trust light eyes. But, I do admit to having a major slight crush on him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Keri wrote: "I love, love, love the graphic audio version of this series! I am anxiously waiting for Oathbringer to come out in graphic audio.

I know what you mean about Kaladin, but he's one of my most favori..."

Ugh, I keep reminding myself too, but sometimes it’s HARD. He did annoy me less this time, and yes, it was b/c awesome graphic audio is awesome. I’m reading OATHBRINGER straight tho, so hopefully emo Kaladin won’t return and hog the pages. 😉