Courtney's Reviews > Winter's Tale

Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin

Jan 10, 2008

Recommended for: readers
Read in February, 2008

Wow. This book is magic. And I do not mean it is "magical" to read, but that literally it contains magic.

Let me start by stressing that this novel is for READERS. Not people who say they like to read but only do so occasionally or lightly. Or even those who do delve into many wonderful works but only when the stars are aligned. This is a rewarding and wondrous book for those who will actually take time for it and really get lost inside. If you are not that kind of person, than maybe you should pick something else b/c otherwise you may grow tired, try to force through it, steamroll along, missing the point, the wonder, the magic. This book deserves more than that.

When I first began, I was a little thrown off by the style and the story itself, but soon I was caught inside and it was wonderful. I read all the time and very, very seldom do I find myself so completely wrapped up in a book, a story so intense and incredible that I feel both protective and proud of the text, the characters, everything.

To sum up: I loved this book! It did an excellent job of allowing the reader to lose themselves in its pages. Great story, great characters, unique writing, a great journey.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter's Tale.

Laura Henry I loved this book!

Courtney Laura Henry wrote: "I loved this book!"
Me too! =)

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine SO TRUE. I read this book in seventh grade and was so thrilled with it that I gave it to my mom. She put it down and said it was pointless. I know what your saying man