Emily's Reviews > All That Glitters

All That Glitters by Holly Smale

liked it

TOO MANY SPOILERS.

I was so excited when this book came out since the last book ended with Harriet and Nick splitting up. But I just didn't think this book was up to par. It definitely wasn't as funny as 1 and 2 or 3. I was bored by the story line as it was the same as all the other books where Harriet thought she was being annihilated but then it turns out her friends were just not speaking to her for her own good. You don't actually realise how immature Harriet is in comparison to her age. SHE IS 16 people and she acts like she is 13.

None of that compares to the disappointment that Nick was nowhere to be found. WTF ?????!!!!!!!! He was meant to be her hero and knight in shining armour but he must have lost his pet kangaroo in Australia and was too busy. At 97 % (I read on my kindle) I still held onto the hope that Nick would come back. Even though Harriet was writing her letters to her gran and not to Nick. Which was completely uncalled for Harriet, what is wrong with you ?????? He is like the only one who likes you !!!!

Who the hell is this jasper kid ? There was no point in him. Then this India girl that gave Harriet disgusted looks but it just turned out to be her face.

All that put aside the moments between Nick and Harriet were sadly beautiful and emotional. The letter from Nick was heartbreaking and her reason for not getting back together with him was really the maturest moment that came from Harriet in all the books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All That Glitters.

Finished Reading
March 1, 2015 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Jip (new)

Jip Hoogeweij I totally agree! I really need Nick to come back in the next book. They just were to cute together!!! The letter was just sad, I literally almost cried. Why didn't he came back?!?!! I still have my hope that everything will turn out great in the next book!!