Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > Is It Really Too Much To Ask?

Is It Really Too Much To Ask? by Jeremy Clarkson

Mar 01, 2015

bookshelves: read-2015
Recommended for: Petrolheads

Yeah I'm a Top Gear fan. It just happened; I have never cared for cars in my entire life so that I became a Top Gear fan is frankly astonishing. I don't even have a driving license.

Anyway, I was quite sad when Top Gear was put on hiatus earlier this year because of the "fracas" (that word will probably be associated with Jeremy Clarkson from now on) and then never came back because Jeremy Clarkson was fired from the show. So, I comforted myself with reruns of the show and with this book. A Jeremy Clarkson book is perfect antidote for anyone that suffering from Top Gear withdrawal because he is as outrageous when he writes as he is when he talks, and I love that. In this world of PC is it nice to have someone that just don't give a damn about that.

This is Jeremy's chronicles, collected and published as a book and I love having a book like this lying beside my bed for when I just want to read something easy before I sleep or I can't sleep because ever chapter is 3.5 pages long and that means that I can read a couple of chapters than try to sleep again. Perfect!

I enjoyed reading this so much that I feel the need to buy a new Jeremy Clarkson book soon, luckily for me do I have an unread Richard Hammond book that I now can start to read. ;)

Review also posted on A Bookaholic Swede and It's a Mad Mad World

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Is It Really Too Much To Ask?.

March 1, 2015 – Shelved
March 1, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read-own
March 13, 2015 – Started Reading
March 13, 2015 –
page 77
16.59% "Enjoying this book so much! ☺️"
March 15, 2015 –
page 201
43.32% "Have been reading this book this weekend. It felt appropriate to read since there will be no new Top Gear episode today..."
April 11, 2015 –
page 229
April 16, 2015 –
page 301
April 16, 2015 –
page 341
April 19, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
April 19, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Margitte (new)

Margitte My husband is such a devotee to Jeremy Clarkson's tv program. I myself regard him as a teenage boy in an older man's body and admire him for his refusal to grow up. I would love to read his book. He has become a bigger than life character by just being himself. lolol. Looking forward to your review!

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Margitte wrote: "My husband is such a devotee to Jeremy Clarkson's tv program. I myself regard him as a teenage boy in an older man's body and admire him for his refusal to grow up. I would love to read his book. H..."

Yeah, I like reading his chronicles collected in books. He has a talant for writing and quite often has he a good point and is also funny. :)