Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘'s Reviews > Cricket Cove

Cricket Cove by T.L. Haddix

Reread 12/08 : Life's shitty out there, and sometimes we simply need a few hours of escape and smiles. This is one of those times. I'm sure that Logan's story will be my win :)

♬ ♪ ♩ Ladies and Gentlemen! I mean, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! Please have a sit and give me a few minutes to introduce you the Campbells! I mean, the CAMPBELLS! ♬ ♪ ♩

Are those books similar to other PNR/contemporary romance?

Book 1 : Firefly Hollow ✬✬✬✬✬
Book 3 : Dragonfly Creek ✬✬✬✬✬
Book 4 : Cattail Ridge ✬✬✬✬

What you WON'T find in this book : An asshole as a hero
But : Logan freakin' Gibson. Broken, self-righteous, wounded, completely adorable when he tries to do what he thinks he has to, protective, smile inducing, infuriating, and Oh. My. What a grump. Love and children? The man is so clueless that's hilarious. Phone calls and letters? Damn, let me hug you. Icing on the cake, the guy shifts in a mountain lion and purrs *giggles*. How awesome is that? There's really something in T.L Haddix's male leads that makes them stand out from the rest of the hero's crowd. That's simple, each time I meet one of them he becomes my new favorite. Damn, I didn't used to be so fickle!

"Logan sucked in a breath and eyed the baby warily, both afraid he'd hurt her with his grip and, at the same time, afraid he'd let her fall.
"Oh, God. She's moving. What do I do?"

What you WON'T find in this book : An annoying MC
But : Amelia, the baby of the family, whose selflessness is completely heartbreaking. Smart, strong, supportive, vulnerable sometimes but courageous and strong-minded. And *gasp*, she's a non-annoying virgin, aka, a virgin who doesn't think that all the other women are sluts. Thanks. Their first time? Both hot and heart-warming. Oh, and she's a wolf. *evil grin*

"You may not like the fact that I'm involved with Logan, but it's not your concern. I'm an adult, and I'm not some damsel in distress. I'm perfectly well aware of what I'm doing and the repercussions. So back the hell off."

What you WON'T find in this book : A bitch as a sister
But : The wonderful Campbell family. What do I love so much about them?

The protective way they act with each other, how infuriating it can be sometimes.

"We have some questions we need answers for. You have the answers. Do you really want to find out what we're willing to do to get those answers? Please say yes."

Every single member of this family : Eliza and her playfulness, Owen *sigh*, Ben and his "womenfolk" (ah, Benny, seriously?), Emma and her short temper, even little Sydney and her awkward questions, and I have to stop here otherwise I'd ramble during hours.

"Well, I know you got a kitty cat inside. Right? Just like my new daddy used to have, but his kitty cat went to sleep. Yours isn't asleep, though. So when you turn into the kitty cat and somebody rubs your belly, do you purr?"

The way I feel drawn into their lives. This is so real, I felt captivated by the stories they told each other in front of the fire at Amelia's birthday party. I was there, learning about her birth, listening to friends, you know?

What you WON'T find in this book : An abusive, unrealistic relationship
But : Two adults who are afraid, who doubt, who make mistakes, who are so fucking REAL I felt like a voyeur at some point. An adorable, sexy, heart-warming love-story which gave me butterflies from page one.

What you WON'T find in this book : Stereotypes
But : Life, guys. LIFE.

"I never understood people who play games. I know it's human nature to some degree, but it's ridiculous. It's a waste of time and energy. I hate that kind of drama. So I guess I have a tendency to not sugarcoat things."

THANK YOU.

What in the world are you waiting for? This series is heart-warming, hilarious, well-written, devoid of stereotypes and just fucking amazing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cricket Cove.

February 28, 2015 – Shelved
March 7, 2015 – Started Reading
March 7, 2015 –
2.0% "OHMYGOD. I just realized that the male-lead was Logan. LOGAN! Okay, be prepared for a gushing review of it. I have a really good feeling about this one."
March 7, 2015 –
46.0% ""On to less stressful things that you probably have no interest in reading about, but I don't know how to close this letter so I'll keep writing."\n \n I have the biggest smile on my face right now, and I'm genuinely wondering how in the world this series isn't more famous. Here's strong MC, adorable and sexy male leads, family bonds, funny conversations, and no girls hate, no stereotypes. I love it."
March 7, 2015 –
100.0% "I'm completely infatuated and I'm not even ashamed. \n \n \n Now, can I get my hands on the plane ticket to go there? What are you meaning by "they don't really exist"?"
March 8, 2015 – Finished Reading
December 7, 2015 –
3.0% "Oh, Logan, what a little jerk you were. Thanksfully I know that you're gonna pay for that XD"

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)

message 1: by Lizet (new)

Lizet Amazing review Anna!
If you keep saying wonderful things about these books, I think I'll drop everything I have to do and start reading them without regret, because they seem to be perfect and today is really hard to find perfection in books.

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Lizet wrote: "Amazing review Anna!

Thank you Lizet!! In my opinion these books are really special because they are just life, you know? That stays cute romance and you have to like romance to enjoy but when I compare to some crappy romances I read/heard about? I can't help but feel that people wants something different as me. I mean, I keep rooting for these books and in the same time, I'm afraid, because if people loves the others I hate, maybe that's just me? But damn, how I enjoy them! They put a big smile on my face every time.

Harriet ~ bookworm Amazing review, Anna! I need to check this series out :D

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Harriet wrote: "Amazing review, Anna! I need to check this series out :D"

Thank youuuu <3 <3 Yes!!! READ IT!! >.< Yeah, I'm a tad obsessed ;D

Portia Lynn (itsportiasbooks) After we talked yesterday, I looked for the first on kindle and it is free right now!! So of course I downloaded it.

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Portia Lynn wrote: "After we talked yesterday, I looked for the first on kindle and it is free right now!! So of course I downloaded it."

YEAH!! Aww, Owen <3 The first takes place in the 50s-60s so it's as an historical but damn, this guy? Yum.

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) Fluffy rainbow ✔
No asshole hero ✔
Adorable hero ✔
Virginal heroine ✔
Adorable, sexy, heart-warming love-story ✔

→ Sarah running away screaming ✔

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ oOSarahOo wrote: "★ Great review my dear ★"

Muhahahahaha thank youuu!!! OMG yes, it wouldn't please you :p :p

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party HA HA, love the "What you WON'T Find in the book" structure, it's always nice when an author takes things in a more original direction!

Awesome review as always, Alienor! :)

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ David "proud member of Branwen's adventuring party" wrote: "HA HA, love the "What you WON'T Find in the book" structure, it's always nice when an author takes things in a more original direction!

Awesome review as always, Alienor! :)"

I SO love that too!! This series is so damn awesome :D Thank you so much David!!

Navessa YAS! This makes me so happy!

P.S.
(view spoiler)

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Amazing review, Anna Dear. I'm so glad you're in love with this series ♥

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Navessa wrote: "YAS! This makes me so happy!

P.S.
[spoilers removed]"

OMG. AWW. REAAAALLY? LOGAN.

YUM YUM YUM.

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ wrote: "Amazing review, Anna Dear. I'm so glad you're in love with this series ♥"

Thank you so much Chelsea ♥♥ I'm so in love with all of them. Happy Sigh.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

awee it sounds cute as hell!

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Kat Stark wrote: "awee it sounds cute as hell!"

It really is!!! Every single one of these books offer us cute male-leads and likeable MC. I'm in love ♥

message 18: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Awesome review! I've had the first one in this series on my TBR list for a little while so I'm definitely gonna have to read it and the rest soon. It's refreshing to know that the things that generally annoy the hell out of me in paranormal and contemporary romance aren't present in these.

message 19: by Stacy (new)

Stacy The first book is downloading on my kindle right now (thanks to Portia for telling us it's free)! You have me so curious about this series, so I'm going to give it a go. Awesome review, as always!

message 20: by Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (last edited Mar 11, 2015 11:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Thank youuu <3

OH GIRLS I'm so SO glad you're going to give them a chance!! What you need to know about the first is the fact that some readers find it slow for the first half (not me, but I think that's important to notice) and that's the PNR elements are more hints than something else but I really hope you'll enjoy following this family as much as I did(do). Each book is different and so far my favorite are the third and this one (I read 1-3-4-5), even if the first has a special place in my heart because that's the beginning of the family :D and Owen *YUM*

message 21: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa J. I live that all those things are absent in this book! I really hate the trope of the bitchy sister and the abusive relationships! Great review. Let's add this series to the ever-growing TBR.

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Vane wrote: "I live that all those things are absent in this book! I really hate the trope of the bitchy sister and the abusive relationships! Great review. Let's add this series to the ever-growing TBR."

Lmao. That fucking TBR XD Yeah that's why I love this series so much! So excited to reread this one, it's my fave ♡ Thank you!

message 23: by Emmy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emmy Ahhh! This is my favorite one and now I want to do a reread too!

message 24: by Ana O (new)

Ana O Great review Anna! I've never even heard of this book, but it looks very interesting ;) xx

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Emmy wrote: "Ahhh! This is my favorite one and now I want to do a reread too!"

Aww this is my fave too :D

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Ana wrote: "Great review Anna! I've never even heard of this book, but it looks very interesting ;) xx"

Thank you!! I loved this series :)

message 27: by Anne (new)

Anne So convincing! I've added the book one to my TBR pile, we'll see how it goes! Lovely review Anna :)

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Anne wrote: "So convincing! I've added the book one to my TBR pile, we'll see how it goes! Lovely review Anna :) "

Thanks so much! I'm really curious to see what you think of it (the first one is historical, and the pnr aspect really light - but I loved it nonetheless ♥)

message 29: by Anne (new)

Anne Alienor ✘ French frowner ✘ wrote: "Anne wrote: "So convincing! I've added the book one to my TBR pile, we'll see how it goes! Lovely review Anna :) "

I'm going to get a new pile of books tomorrow, I'll check for it then! Wish me luck :))

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Anne wrote: "Alienor ✘ French frowner ✘ wrote: "Anne wrote: "So convincing! I've added the book one to my TBR pile, we'll see how it goes! Lovely review Anna :) "

Thanks so much! I'm really curious to see what..."

Yay! Oh, the first one is free on kindle :)

message 31: by Anne (new)

Anne Alienor ✘ French frowner ✘ wrote: "Anne wrote: "Alienor ✘ French frowner ✘ wrote: "Anne wrote: "So convincing! I've added the book one to my TBR pile, we'll see how it goes! Lovely review Anna :) "

Thanks so much! I'm really curiou..."

Oh ho! Great news! Thanks a lot! Going to get it now.

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Anne wrote: "Alienor ✘ French frowner ✘ wrote: "Anne wrote: "Alienor ✘ French frowner ✘ wrote: "Anne wrote: "So convincing! I've added the book one to my TBR pile, we'll see how it goes! Lovely review Anna :) "..."

You're welcome :)