Emma Michaels's Reviews > Chosen

Chosen by P.C. Cast

Sep 12, 2010

liked it

I feel that I have to put a lower rating for this novel only because of content. (Warning about to list adult content information) It not only has more cussing in it than the previous novels but the sexuality has advanced as well. I don't want to give away any of the plot so won't say too much more than that but if you are a parent looking for your teen you might want to consider mature 15 year olds and up. If you are someone who doesn't mind more adult content and is more interested in if it is a worthwhile story I have to say that it still remains my guilty pleasure. This book not as much as the first two but still a great deal. I have already started on Untamed and am looking forward to seeing what will happen next!!! I would say that without the adult content this series so far would be all 4 and five stars but on the same note, without the adult content (not too graphic or descriptive) the plot would not have the same effect or realism. So while normally I believe that such content takes away from a story this series seems to be an exception. I enjoy the story and am off to read Untamed!

Emma Michaels
P.S.- The phrase "Turd Monkey" makes me laugh so hard in this book. Read it and find out why!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chosen.

September 12, 2010 – Started Reading
September 12, 2010 – Shelved
September 14, 2010 –
page 114
September 18, 2010 –
page 114
37.13% "Sorry I took such a break in the middle. We just moved and for a few days I had to just catch up on work and moving some things around but now I am back to having reading time!"
September 18, 2010 –
page 219
September 18, 2010 – Finished Reading

Sashana How's this one going Emma? This is one of my least favorite series.

Emma Michaels Sashana wrote: "How's this one going Emma? This is one of my least favorite series."

I will admit I was really hesitant when I first started reading them. I really don't like when there is cussing or what I consider to be adult content in a Young Adult novel but they have really grown on me. Because I just moved I haven't gotten to finish this one yet but I am actually really looking forward to it. I will admit though, there are some points where the cussing kind of takes away from the story for me though the phrase "turd monkey" makes me laugh every time. I am sorry you didn't like it though!

ara133photography I agree with you, I'm kind of put off as well by that type of adult content in YA books... I'm getting more used to it I guess, but the first few I came across like that really surprised me. Am hooked on this series though and can't wait to pick up the next one :)