Sarah's Reviews > Sookie Stackhouse 8 Volume Set

F 50x66
Sep 12, 2010

liked it
Read from September 12 to October 03, 2010

I have read the first three: Dead Until Dark, Living Dead In Dallas, and Club Dead. Just started book 4 Dead To The World.

Really liked the first 2 books. Definitely a sort of genre cotton candy for the brain, competently written but meant to be pretty easy. Like the main character and the setting a lot. Reads like a mix of vampire novel, light mystery, and bodice ripper. Only on occasion has an off note. By book four though I am wanting more depth to the character development somehow. Doesn't have the richness of more ambitious vampire novels like those by Anne Rice or The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. But I don't think these novels are meant to be like those. I probably won't read all 8 straight through. But I am finding them highly entertaining in a light reading sort of way.

Well, I did read all 8 straight through. Kind of addictive. The books move along with internal plot arcs and a longer arc for things going on in the universe of the stories. Definitely keeps you coming back for more. There are two more books already published and then Harris is contracted to write 3 more! Quite the franchise. But I am ready to take a little break for awhile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sookie Stackhouse 8 Volume Set.