Leigh Stone's Reviews > The Legend of Arturo King

The Legend of Arturo King by L.B. Dunbar

The legend of King Arthur and his Knights of the roundtable retold for the modern day.

Meet Arturo King, and his band ‘The Nights’, Lansing Lott (Lancelot), Perkins Vale (Percival), and Arturo’s mentor Mure Linn (Merlin). They play in an underground club called The Round Table, owned by Leo DeGrance. Everything changes one night when Arturo sees Guinevere, Leo’s daughter, and he’s captivated by her.

We all know the legend don’t we? Well this is one amazing twist on it! It’s the first book in a long time that has kept me up all night wanting to finish it! LB Dunbar does a brilliant job with the play on words names, and the retelling of this old classic. Arturo is a womaniser at the start, with a string of conquests to his name, but when he meets Guinie everything changes.

She’s a classical beauty, classically trained in music, playing the cello, and Arturo doesn’t think that she’s at all interested in him. He’s a rock star, able to have any woman he wants, with a reputation as a ‘chivalrous lover’, Guinie thinks that he wouldn’t possibly be interested in her. Pushed together one seemingly chance event, the pair’s interest in each other sparks, and it isn’t long before lust, desire, and attraction start to take over.

I loved this book, the chemistry between the two main characters is intense, and the story of their blossoming romance was just beautiful. His tenderness, his passion, his desire, his possessiveness. Her understanding of him, his family ties, and the better man that she knows that he can be.

This is a 5+star recommended read! I can’t wait for the next ones in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legend of Arturo King.

Started Reading
February 28, 2015 – Shelved
February 28, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

L.B. Dunbar Thank you for this beautiful review. <3