ASH - The Tattered Page's Reviews > If I Lie

If I Lie by Corrine Jackson

liked it

*Warning: This review may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

Review courtesy of The Tattered Page:

Oh, If I Lie. *le sigh* I really, truly wanted to love this book. I could not wait to get my hands on its. Alas, the ending murdered my soul. My biggest pet peeve when reading books: an unhappy ending. I am Team Happy Endings through and through. There is more than enough real-life grief to go around, I don't need it in my books. Had there been a happy ending, I would have given If I Lie a 4-star rating. If I Lie is a well written book that draws you into the story. Although I was frustrated with Quinn and Carey's situation, I think that was the point and adding to the plot. Still, aarrgghhhhh.

Quinn and Carey have been dating for years. They are the town perfect teen couple. Carey is the perfect boyfriend who is also honorable and joins the military to fight for our country. Then the unthinkable happens . . . Quinn is caught kissing another boy. Insert all the town shaming. I mean how could she do that to the perfect boyfriend who is overseas risking his life for America? Well . . .
every couples have their secrets.

To make matters worse, when Quinn tries to get in contact with Carey he is MIA. Is he okay? Is he alive? How will she tell him about the kiss? How will they move forward with their secrets ruining Quinn's life? Quinn must make a decision about her next move.

With that being said, if you're not shy of sucky endings, then If I Lie should make it to your TBR pile. This is the first book I read by Corrine Jackson and it was a good read. If you haven't read anything by her give If I Lie a chance.

Happy Reading!
Ashley
www.TheTatteredPage.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Lie.

Started Reading