Nikki's Reviews > Invisible I

Invisible I by Amanda Valentino

Sep 12, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, mystery-thriller, series, contemporary

I love a good mystery, so I just ate this book up! Something about the clues throughout reminded me a bit of The Westing Game, which I adore. It was fluff and I had issues with some of the writing (eg. felt the main character, an otherwise intelligent girl, was sometimes dense simply for the sake of exposition) but it was an all around good read.

Especially intrigued by the missing character, Amanda Valentino, who is crazy smart (emphasis on crazy?) and creative. She's got this great schizophrenic-too-much-personality-for-one-person thing going on. And her quotes! I would kill for the ability to pull quotes like she does. I guess when you have a person at the core of your mystery, it only makes sense that you make that person as fascinating and affable as possible.

After a bit of research I see that this is intended to be an eight-book series with at least the first three books written from a different character's perspective and by different authors, each author using the nom de plume of Stella Lennon. I like the idea of a collaborative series, especially as it opens up the voice for each individual character. Not only that but it allows you to overlook any misgivings from a particular book, as they may not be there in the next, and simply enjoy as the mystery unfolds.

(Read online at

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invisible I.

September 11, 2010 – Started Reading