Kelli Sutton's Reviews > A Civil Action

A Civil Action by Jonathan Harr

Sep 11, 2010

As a writer who is planning to become an attorney this book has really changed my views on writing. The context of writing facts and legal issues is the main thing that I took away from this novel. This is based on a real case that happened and changed the litigation world with its verdict. The most interesting part about this story is although it has a lot of elements, facts, and evidence, there is a story that goes on. The author uses the attorney who deals with the major issues as the main character through the story.

As a writer I really took a lot away from this story. By using facts and boring issues about real stories and using a person who was dealing with these issues and things that would normally be boring to some readers who aren't interested in law or legal issues can still follow a long with the story. By giving the story some life by using a character in the story and using his life and experiences that happened during the trial as the main references through out the story.

As a writer I am now able to take issues that some people would not really be interested in and put life to them by using a main character who is part of the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Civil Action.