Kristin's Reviews > Eternal Rider

Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione

Sep 11, 2010

Read from April 07 to 18, 2011

Have you ever felt so much uncertainty and tension that you slipped into a nervous a habit like tapping your feet or aimlessly moving around?

Yeah. For me, I like to twirl my hair and tug on it when I'm nervous. I just finished the last forty pages of this book and let me just say that if I had a little gray up top, I would like Don King's soulmate.

Thank God, I'm not. But my hair is ruined because as always when you get to a certain point in Larissa's books, you have no clue at all how the end result will turn out.

Getting straight into it, there is a little more development on the character of Arik, Runa's brother, who will be getting a much bigger role in her next book (yay!). I'm still not certain on how I feel about Thantos. Fe feels empty but I think that was Miss Ione's intention. To build mystery about him. However, Limos??? I love me some Limos! She is fierce! And Cara was a hoot all throughout this book. By page 50, I knew I loved her. I think Larissa is one of the authors who truly gets that if you can't find love in the characters then how can the readers find it in the story? It sounds like common sense, but you would be surprised by how many people don't get that.

The story was wonderful, and it had me on the edge of seat all the way through. But let me warn you, this book is gritty. More gritty than the Demonica books and even back then when I was first reading them, I didn't think she could create a more evil villain than the previous book. But somehow, someway she tops herself with the next and it has rolled over into this series. I know I've said this a couple times along the way about Roag, that fallen angel dude, etc. but Pestilence takes the cake and leaves Martha Stewart shaking in her boots.

And Paula Deen can't back her up, he's just evil in its purest form.

I will keep saying this until I'm mute, Larissa can take anything and make it fabulous. I mean the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? She deserves five stars alone for demonstrating such great creativity and thinking outside the norm. But she gets five stars from me because she nailed it

If I'm not mistaken, she finished Immortal Rider like a couple weeks before this release. So maybe we won't have to wait until December for the next edition. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go redo my hair and return to reality. Boo humbug.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Rider.

04/07/2011 page 35
9.0% ""Oh, God, these men were crazy. This whole situation was crazy. This was Crazyland, and she was the queen."...As Mike would say, "Wow! That's a situation!" ROFLMAO!" 1 comment
04/12/2011 page 179
45.0% "I don't think Reseph is getting a book...actually at this point, I HOPE Reseph doesn't get a book. This is evil to a whole new extreme I've never been exposed to....but I LOVE CARA! That broad is crazy!"
04/14/2011 page 233
58.0% "I just wanna give Ares a big hug...."
04/16/2011 page 300
75.0% "She gestured to the shelves of DVDs. "Ares has the complete collection of Miami Vice. We could torture you until you're begging for Pestilence to kill you." "Release me!" ROFLMAO!!!"
04/18/2011 page 364
91.0% "Wellll since I'm so close to the end, I think my paper can wait until I finish this right quick. Next update will be a review. Tah."
show 1 hidden update…