Yanilsa Griffin~BFD Bookblog's Reviews > The Legend of Arturo King

The Legend of Arturo King by L.B. Dunbar

bookshelves: rocker

I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review and let preface this by saying, this is my FIRST time reading this author. No earthly idea who she is, or where she cometh from, but I will DEF be following bc I DRANK that kool-aid
I don't know what to say about this book.
I know I need to review it, blah, blah blah.
This book. I know wont be for everyone. However..........I kind of have a thing for literature, so SUE me. But honestly, I don't care. bahaha. It's not about you. It's about me. hee, hee
I LOVED EVERYTHING about this book. It was perfect. First, I was a lil thrown off by the names,(just a lil bitty bit) but honestly it was just unreal how well it was written.
Arturo was HAWT rockstar with a sordid past and questionable beginning in life. Guinevere, or Guinie, is the beautiful, untainted daughter of someone important to the story(yeah, I am NOT big into providing spoilers, so just read the damn thing......too much? uh, no......mkay moving on)....Guinie is struggling to find her way in life and Arturo is the womanizer that was just ready for the right girl to come along.(In real life, it sucks when you're with the guy and he isnt ready, but when he's ready....OH MAN!! What a treat for the girl after you, because you have done some prepping.........but, I digress)

The way the story flowed was seamless. The characters were old AND new, beautiful and flawed and incredibly well written. The love story was beautiful, passionate and unforgettable.(Hey, the sexy time didn't suck either) hee, hee.

Listen, to me the story just worked and showcased the author's unequivocal talent. The ability to be able to take a story and flip it, make it different while still maintaining it's original purity, is unparalleled. I have not read anything like this, and have not see it done. Yes, I know that people "recreate" fairy tales or Romeo and Juliet all the time. This wasn't that. This was just different.

Every once in a while, you read THAT story that you know will stay with you. You read THAT story that blows you away. You read THAT story that you want EVERYONE to read. THAT story that you NEED to talk about.......yeah, this is it for me. Legend of Arturo King was just beautiful, flawless. I honestly don't know if it's because I love the classics, but I feel this should BE a romantic classic that people read. I hope people aren't thrown off by the unconventionality of the story.
Now, WHEN THE HELL DOES THE STORY CONTINUE!!! I need more!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legend of Arturo King.

February 24, 2015 – Started Reading
February 24, 2015 – Shelved
February 24, 2015 – Shelved as: rocker
February 25, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

L.B. Dunbar Thank you for such an enthusiastic review. LOVE it!!