Christie's Reviews > Awakened

Sep 10, 2010

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Recommended for: Angel Fans
Read from September 30 to October 06, 2010

Celebrating her Sweet 16 brought more changes to Lil’s life than she ever could have fathomed. Suddenly she is hearing voices, and can cause wild storms just by getting a little emotional. She soon discovers she is a Guardian, and the one boy she can’t stop thinking about just might be her enemy.

This is a great book! The action was practically non-stop. The world it took place in was very intriguing. Guardians are teleporting all over the world to stop demons from inciting chaos. Most natural disasters can be blamed on demons with control over the elements. Then there is the whole throwing energy ball business. So cool!

The characters were fun and engaging. Lil was just the right mix of sweet and sassy. I loved how easily she handled all the changes in her life, and the secrets that kept on emerging. She wasn’t afraid to stand up for herself, and wasn’t about to forget who she really was while adapting to her new life as a Guardian. She’s a strong female protag, which I always find impressive. Bran is definitely at heartthrob status. I loved the chemistry between those two, and the eventual reveal of why they feel what they feel (insert dreamy sigh here). Nothing like forbidden love to really stir things up. A strong start to what I feel will be a fantastic series.

Found yourself effected by the Angel mania sweeping Young Adult literature? Enjoy a tale of Good vs. Evil? If so, I highly recommend adding Awakened to your must read list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakened.

10/01/2010 page 26