Naughty Mom Story Time's Reviews > Ricochet

Ricochet by Jessica Wilde

I'm at a loss for words on this one. I was gripped from the very beginning and the story line touched on a very serious topic. Abuse can be a touchy subject for some people because it's something that more common than it should be and touches the lives of so many people, either directly or indirectly. But Ricochet is about survival. Bouncing back from enduring such atrocities and finding your way in the world.

Arianna was such a strong character in this story. Determined to overcome the horrors she faces for years and get back on her feet. Determined to fight back and get passed it. She didn't want to be in fear anymore and she was willing to do what she needed to so she could just get her life back and live her dream.

When she moves close to her brother she didn't expect to see Jack again. Her long time teenage crush and her brother's best friend. Jack was such a great guy. He was there for her from the start and he, together with her brother Jack, were determined to protect her.

This story was quite intense but it wasn't a downer. I saw it as an uplifting story and quite possibly an inspiration. With Arianna, we see not only how she fights to overcome her fear of the abuse she endures but also why she endured it for so long. That's always the question we ask anyone in that situation. Why did you stay? Her reasons just showed how strong a woman she truly was.

A great and unforgettable read for me. I can't wait to read Jake's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ricochet.

February 23, 2015 – Started Reading