Cee (The Mistress Case)'s Reviews > The Rose Society

The Rose Society by Marie Lu

Feb 22, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: scifi-and-fantasy

I Scream "Bloody Murder" Three Stars!

Adelina, your insides are dark nasty. If all these fuckers want a real bitch, seriously, get in line for The Rose Society. There is no room for guilt. I can not begin to express the delight that the revenges, the horror, and character deaths brought me. Oh, the action was glorious and I was stuffing my mouth with cookies while losing myself in the ending. And now I shall wait for more destruction.

On a less vicious note: I'm trying very hard to be impressed by The Rose Society. For one, I'm not a fan of the writing and I tended to pick on sentences here and there. In other words, "if it sounds like writing, you should rewrite it." Secondly, I had no emotional investment in these characters, their backstories, and their personalities (or lack thereof). Most of them were just there. Mainly, it was only their powers and goals that pushed me to keep reading. Thirdly, I didn't care for Enzo in the previous book and I sure as hell don't care for him now. Neither do I care about any other love interests. Last of all, I hope I'll care enough to read the final installment. I don't want it to ruin the lovely memory of having such a dark and fucked-up villain as our leading character. Long live, The White Wolf! I just want to watch the world burn. *crackles with evil laughter*

BONUS QUOTES:
“But true rulers are not born. We are made.”
“It is better to have an enemy who will fight you in an open field then a lover who will kill you in your sleep.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rose Society.

February 22, 2015 – Shelved
February 22, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
February 22, 2015 – Shelved as: scifi-and-fantasy
February 5, 2016 – Started Reading
February 5, 2016 –
page 48
12.06% "Omg, I think The Rose Society is pulling me out of my reading slump. I can almost cry with joy. This is getting interesting!"
February 24, 2016 –
page 191
47.99% "\n \n "
February 26, 2016 – Finished Reading

Melissa (Ever So Mela) Awesome review! I totally get you on the love interests. For all I care Enzo could go to a corner and die. As for the other guy, well, he's got charisma lol
I actually thought in the first book that Teren would end up becoming a love interest cause he was just as bad as Adelina, and he's one of my favs <3<3

Cee (The Mistress Case) Thank you :) Same here, I thought Teren would be a love interest, but I'm sure Lu is set on him remaining an un-romanticized antagonist. Yes, just let the world be bad and wicked. I love it!