Josh's Reviews > Iceberg

Iceberg by Clive Cussler

it was ok
bookshelves: booksread
Recommended for: Nobody

That Clive Cussler is the greatest homophobic, perverse, women loathing writer of our time

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iceberg.

Started Reading
May 1, 2007 – Finished Reading
May 14, 2007 – Shelved
May 14, 2007 – Shelved as: booksread

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

José Ricardo Santos That's just your opinion of the author, anyway, Clive Cussler is an excellent writer with a form of writing that falls, and engages the reader.
And no, I am not homophobic.

Justin I really don't see how you can defend Cussler. The inside jackets from his book describe him as the real life Dirk Pitt after all.

Vaelin Its Cussler bro, take a chill pill, go and march down the street and enjoy a glass of reality, King Cussler is rampant in our bookshops so deal with it pal or move to China

message 4: by Suzie (new)

Suzie Andrew I really don't get why you men are so set that Cussler is a woman-hater, homophobic, etc. I have read many of his books and have never gotten that opinion of him. It is the nature of his books. It is also the nature of books like Jackie Collins, Tammy Hoag, Nora Roberts (and her nom de plume) who all write about sex and/or sexual situations, murder and mayhem. These are FICTIONAL stories, men. Just enjoy them. Don't try to read anything about the author's personal beliefs. Just enjoy his stories. Sheesh - and I'm a 66 year old woman by the way.

John I've heard this before, but keep in mind this book is from 1973. If Cussler is still writing about homosexuals and women the same way in his recent works (which I wouldn't know) then you may have a point.

Vaelin By the way Josh...nice glasses dweeb.....and the goatee is so 1990s, maybe you are better suited to Cussler boks than you think....maybetry eating a cabbage pie before you sprout the seeds (work that one out son)

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Dalzell Josh, your review is completely unhelpful, as it descends to perhaps that lowest mode of criticism, ad hominem. While an author's values invariably impact the nature of their product, they do not--and can not--comprise the entirety of the fiction itself. So you don't like Clive...BIG DEAL, little snowflake. Now help us understand a little more of why you didn't care for the BOOK on grounds a little more effective than "my social values are radically different than what I claim are Clive's."

Andrew David Baron you're perceiving this novel with a contemporary lens. I'm not condoning it, but understand the era. Life was even more crappy for women and minorities back then.

Anthony Nesbitt Makes me like Cussler even more.