Adrena Johnson mcdonald's Reviews > Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind, Third Edition

Cultures and Organizations by Geert Hofstede

it was ok

Trudged Through It

I am currently working on my doctorate in global leadership, and I was hoping that this text would be a great resource for my program. Though the book contains some very good information and some intriguing insights, much of it is a very long recount of the authors' research, along with reasons why their research is so good and others' so lacking. The last few chapters were interesting but filled with so much opinion and culturally-laden "should" and "should not" statements that I sometimes felt as if they were ignoring their own message that norms and values are culturally based. I do believe that the authors have done some good research, but this book did not help me see it in the best light.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cultures and Organizations.

Started Reading
February 21, 2015 – Shelved
February 21, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Dani (new)

Dani Acm do you know any book that could be a good substitute for the lacks of this one? thanks in advance

Adrena Johnson mcdonald Dani wrote: "do you know any book that could be a good substitute for the lacks of this one? thanks in advance"

Personally, I have not found one, but then again, I haven't been actively searching for one either. If you happen to find one, be sure to post it in a reply...I'd be thrilled to read it!