Maria "Rosie" Poli's Reviews > Shy Kinda Love

Shy Kinda Love by Deanna Eshler

Feb 21, 2015

bookshelves: favorites, love-stories-soft

This is a beautiful, sad, happy story.

Shy is a strong young woman. Her childhood was tough. Growing up, the one person that was supposed to protect her let her down. Despite everything she has been through she has a loving heart, but it's guarded. She keeps it safe deep down in her soul. She has lost so much in her life; she doesn't let herself love others or get close, she knows she might lose it all any time. We see her grow and blossom into a stronger woman, accepting life on its terms.

Ryder is her protector, the one person that knows about her past and he will do anything to stop her hurting. He is the only person that deeply knows her and she cannot fool him. He pushes her limits; pushes her to live life in the now.

Keegan and Gemma the two friends that get Shy to move on. They don't ask questions; they completely accept Shy. They make her laugh and love her unconditionally. Keegan is sassy and funny with no filter. Gemma is sweet and cheery. There is one scene where they are all sitting down at the table to eat and Keegan does something that just makes me laugh so hard and loud! No spoiler here, you will have to read the book to find out.

Then there are the boys, even Luke, the womanizer comes out looking good, But, Kade is the one. Beautiful, loving and patient Kade. He loves Shy fiercely and with his whole heart. He gives her his all and he takes everything she dishes out. There are moments that break him, but only to show how strong he really is.

This story touched me in a very deep and special way. I shed tears of joy and tears of sadness. There are sad and tender moments that made me cry. Then there are moments so funny that I burst out laughing loud and hard. Then there is the looming suspense and the past comes knocking; throwing everything off kilter. The turnaround had me holding my breath and I have a few new wrinkles on my forehead, but, it was worth it.

Shy Kinda Love is a must read. Love and patience will conquer fear.

I was provided with an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shy Kinda Love.

Started Reading