Page (One Book At A Time)'s Reviews > Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord

1812013
Sep 08, 2010

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read from October 23 to 24, 2010

I think I liked the characters more in this one. And the location was different which added an interesting element to the story. There was a couple things that bothered me, but not enough to through off the story.

Isabel was just as strong of a female character as Callie was in the first book. She's use to handling things on her own. She has taken care of herself, her younger brother, and the estate pretty much on her own. Plus, she's created a sort of halfway home for women. It's an admirable thing to do in a time were women didn't do things like this on their own. It's also created a fault were she can't admit when she might be over her head and need some help. Something everyone else can see.

I liked getting to know Nick in a different light. He's not exactly how I pictured him in the first book. He seems a lot more dark and mysterious here. I enjoyed learning his history and what made him the sort of man he is. I also liked his friend Rock that journeyed with him. There's quite a bit of history there and I'm glad they both found happiness and love.

What bothered me a little was the sex scenes were completely predictable this time around. The followed the exact same pattern as the first book (right down to the intimacy that occurs is each one). It was kind of strange. Plus, there is some dialogue that is identical. Perhaps this isn't as noticeable if you don't read the book pretty much back to back.

I still really enjoyed this one and will be looking forward to the next in the series. I assume, since the series is now titled The Ralstons, that the next one will be about Julianna.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord.