Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > Lewismannen

Lewismannen by Peter  May

Feb 20, 2015

bookshelves: read-2015

A body is found in the peat bog on the isle of Lewis. The only clue to the body's identity is that he was related to a local farmer. But the local farmer Tormed Macdonald is a man with dementia and he has always claimed to be the only child.

It strange that the hardest reviews to write are actually for the books that I love. It's sometimes so hard to put into words how great a book is that I just want to say read it and you will see why it is so good.

The Lewis Man is such a book, just like the first book in the series; The Blackhouse. There is something so appealing with the story, the characters, the setting and, of course, the writing that I couldn't stop reading the book.

The case in this book is interesting, this is what I can remember the first book I have read when the suspect in a murder case has dementia and what makes the case even tougher is that the suspect is Tormod Macdonald, ex-police Fin Macleod's first loves father. He may not be a police anymore, but he needs to try to find out the truth, even if it would mean hurting his relationship with Marsaili Macdonald.

It was a great read from the beginning to the end. The ending wasn't that intense as in the last book, but it was still very good and I'm looking forward to reading the last book in the trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lewismannen.

February 20, 2015 – Started Reading
February 20, 2015 – Shelved
February 20, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
page 36
page 90
29.61% "Tired but I want to read...\n \n "
page 180
59.21% "Oh the story is just getting better and better..."
February 21, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
February 21, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Randal (new)

Randal White Thank you for your thoughts. I completely agree that the hardest books to review are the ones you love. It's nice to see that someone other than me feels that way!

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Yes, for some reason I just can't explain why I love a book. But I can describe really well what is wrong with a book...lol!